Lt. Commander
# 1 Scanner Mini-game Request
11-02-2010, 12:48 PM
While it's a neat feature, is there any way we can get it removed from space travel, and only have it pop up on ground missions?

Reason I ask is this: the mini-game breaks the flow of flying my ship in space. If I want to scan an anomoly, I have to stop my ship in order to do so, and I HATE doing that in regular missions. It gets even worse in the "Investigate the Anomolies" exploration missions, because I have to stop multiple times, and it feels like the mission is being dragged out to kill more time, which isn't fun. It's also annoying to have the mission complete dialogue come up over top of he last scanner mini-game in that exploration mission, so I have to click around, or even wait the mini-game out so I can proceed, whether I want that last Data sample or not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2010, 02:20 PM
What do you mean stop? I fly toward them at full impulse, hit F, solve it and hit F again to pick up the stuff. All this at full impulse without slowing down a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
It's also annoying to have the mission complete dialogue come up over top of he last scanner mini-game in that exploration mission, so I have to click around, or even wait the mini-game out so I can proceed, whether I want that last Data sample or not.
THIS. Yes. Make it stop. The dialog should not come up with the mini game still running.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
What do you mean stop? I fly toward them at full impulse, hit F, solve it and hit F again to pick up the stuff. All this at full impulse without slowing down a bit.
I tried that, but my engines must be higher speed, because by the time the "claim items" window comes up I'm out of range, and it vanishes. I either have to stop, or loop back to pick them up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Thanks for quoting my frustration thetanine! It makes my day to know that other really are reading some of my posts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-03-2010, 08:23 AM
I enjoy the idea of scanning anomalies in space. Half of the show has this occurring, and it's nice to see it in the game. I don't want to see it removed.

There are probably ways to fix your perceived problems with it that do not involve removing the feature entirely from those of us that enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Didn't consider that...... hmmm, how about a switch so that users can choose to have the scaner minigame popup in space, on ground or both? I wonder if that'd be easier to add in.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2010, 02:51 AM
Just hit f again.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Slow engines?
11-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
Its not possible to do this with the highest level engines. Going full impulse with best Very Rare XI engines you pass anom before you finish interacting.

However, I think this adds to the game not takes away. I still scan in record time, you just need to learn it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vawlkus View Post
While it's a neat feature, is there any way we can get it removed from space travel, and only have it pop up on ground missions?

Reason I ask is this: the mini-game breaks the flow of flying my ship in space.
Nah, don't agree. I think its great.

Maybe there should be an option to turn this game off for those who don't like it though.

Personally I think its great, but I don't often have time to "stop & scan" when i'm fighting with my Fleet (the lovelies that the all are).