Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: General Q&A
10-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone, it's that time of the month again! Once more we'd like to see what questions you have for The Star Trek Online Team!

We'll be taking questions on any STO related topic once more, and as always, we'll get as many of your questions answered as we can!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Are there plans to extend the amount of bridge officers viewable on a player's ship either by having them located in other sections of the interior (e.g. engineering, sick bay or ten forward) or expanding the numbers avaliable on bridges?

The reasoning behind this question is that due to bridge officers being an integral part of the game, I personally feel for those of us that like having a lot of them that it would be nice to view them all in the interior. The Klingons currently has a bridge that allows for 16 BOs to be visible at once. A similar bridge for the federation would be nice.
A link to a thread I started a while back outlining in more detail various suggestions: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=176565

EDIT:
Further question:

Will UGC allow us to customise our ship interiors?
Even if this is only in a limited way: e.g. essentially slotting rooms in behind doors using existing layouts and artwork since rooms such as shuttle bays etc already exist and it would be nice to visit them in our own interior.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-28-2010, 03:47 PM
My lethian is not feeling much love. Any chance they will get a unique outfit or ship in the future like the other KDF races?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
1) Other than the semi first person targeting tech being applied to ground combat, are there any other things in store?
2) Long question. Almost all enemies storylines aren't going anywhere. Dominion, Romulans, KDF/Fed war, Undine, Borg and so on and so forth. Now you add the Breen, the Felkner, Devidians, and you plan on adding the Tholians as enemies. I bet you have more plans as well.
Now, I don't mind the esthetics of it, you are doing a good job. And I do understand that we are creating the foundry so that players can make thier own missions.
But the question I have is, does Cryptic plan on doing anything with the many storyline threads they have created?
3) Tactical ground is fun. Engineering isn't. I mean, as a tactical guy, you get to summon extra security to help you over and over again. As an engineer, you can make the ground shake a little. Are thier plans on changing engineering ground fighting?
Lt. Commander
# 5 daily Fleet actions
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
any plans on adding more fleet actions to the random daily list, like DS9, breaking the planet, starbase 24, CE.

I know klingons can't get to DS9 via sector block, so that one might be a bit hard to do but adds more instead of the 3 we got, which now are boring and stale
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-28-2010, 03:53 PM
- Are there any plans to add new bridge officer abilities to the game?

- Are there any new Personal Kits in development?

- Will there be any additions to KDF costumes?

- Do you have any time estimate on fixing the STFs (read: Terradome)?

- How about finishing the unreleased STFs?

- Are there any fleet-related additions underway?

- Will we get something AWSOME to make life worthwile during the christmas holidy?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-28-2010, 03:54 PM
When are we getting cross-faction teaming for STF's? I've been asking for months now,and I demand a 'yes,will get that feature in the game before the end of the year' answer...or..or..I'll hold my breath till you do!:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-28-2010, 03:56 PM
A while back, Dstahl mentioned something about adding new items purchaseable using RA level marks. Is this still happening? Or was this a reference to purchasing the Tier 5 Nebula for 200 Marks of Exploration?

July 17, 2010:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
You definitely want to hold on to those. There are several things in the pipeline that are planned to use Marks.
September 9, 2010:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We are working on adding some additional items that can be purchased with the level 41 Marks and the first of these items should be out very soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi guys!

Thx for the good work, I'm really looking forward to Season3.
My questions:
- How are you guys trying to enhance the difference and interdependency between classes? Right now every mission can be solved with any of the three classes, without any diiference in the outcome or the mission itself. Crafting trees are the same, and every item is accessible for everyone. I love STO, but this area needs a lot of attention and change I think.

- Could we get "endless" sectors with the exploration revamp? I mean, is it technically possible to create really huge sectors or you guys have a better idea on creating the feeling that space is endless? I'd like to point my ship in a direction and travel in high warp until I find something interesting. If I have to pass a sector border (and consequently change maps) in every two minute, well... I probably won't go too far...

Thx dstahl & cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-28-2010, 03:57 PM
poker poker poker

When will we see it, and how much latinum will I be able to win from my fellow fleet members!
Closed Thread