Lt. Commander
# 41
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
When you hit Captain, you should start looking for a good fleet. Being a member of a good fleet greatly enhances the fun!
Know of any good and active fleets that are recruiting? It seems the fleet I'm in withered and died on the vine.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndisty
Know of any good and active fleets that are recruiting? It seems the fleet I'm in withered and died on the vine.
Stonewall Fleet is recruiting. They're fairly active and have fleet events each week it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
With the addition of the Featured Episodes this game has received a much needed shot in the arm.

Get the game and play the FE's (you don't need to be max level to take part in them) till you get to 'What Lies Beneath" episode (series 2). It's worth every moment it takes to get there.

Some people may be 'put off' by the C-Store. Most of it is cosmetic and it is entirely possible to play without spending anything in the C-Store. (but some of the stuff there is kinda cool)\

If you get the game, join the TTS channel in your chat (TTS = Tribble Test Server). Its a channel set up for Dev events when they want to test new builds on Tribble. So many people have joined these events and the channel is usually active (almost a default Global Channel). All sorts of topics are discussed, I particularly enjoy the debates about who is the hottest Trek Babe.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reon View Post
Bloody Love!? sounds painful o_O lol j/k <3

Actually I just found out, yes you can! You can link/sync STO to your steam.

Login to Steam and Open the main menu
Go to Games > Add Non-Steam Game to My Library
Scroll down until you see Star Trek Online, if you have it saved to a different disc drive try Broswing for it.
Click Add Selected Programs

What do you be by stats? Hours Played or does steam do some kind of awesome character recording thing? I usually use Xfire but if steam has more options/coolness/features I might switch to that.
Hey thanks for replying, but I already know how to add Steam games/non Steam games I was just wondering if you could add using the key generated from the Cryptic/Atari website as apposed the one Steam would give you (if you bought directly from them).

Well Steam normally has achievements etc (I doubt it has for STO) but yeah just to keep track of hours played etc. Unfortunatly if you just add as a non-Steam game it won't keep track of hours played.

I'll give it a bash in a minute and see if I can add it using my key from the STO site.
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-05-2010, 09:29 AM
If I can find my key? Anyone know where I could find it please, I've looked in the account section but it's not in there?
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathon100
If I can find my key? Anyone know where I could find it please, I've looked in the account section but it's not in there?
If you purchased a digital copy, most stores will send you an e-mail receipt with your activation key. The account menu on the website does not expose activated keys to end-users. If you did not receive an e-mail with your activation key, try opening a ticket with support for assistance.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathon100
Who did you purchase the game from?

Was it digital or physical distribution? Which retailer?
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
I have the same problem

I'v sent an mail but they have not awnserd it yet. bummer,..