Lt. Commander
# 31
11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Okay today a new story arc epiphany hit me but since it is rough in mind i figured why not share the seed here.

Concept- a New "cult" emerges across the Alpha and beta quadrant- a cult that worship the Borg and see them as "deities" who are messengers from the divine seeking to bring every being together as one. The series of missions has Starfleet intelligence (not section 31, but actual intel,like difference between CIA and homeland security etc,though section 31 is more a unofficial MIA group but you get the analogy).send the players undercover to infiltrate the cult and try to locate its leader. The cult is being seen as a terrorist threat because whenever the group speaks out on some random Fed or Kdf world, it is followed by a trans warp cooridor opening at that location and a Borg raid assimilating the gathering "except" the cult members. This makes Starfleet believe the cult is working and cooordinating with cooperation from the Borg.

But as people will find common to my missions, there is always a twist....

Note- this series will attempt to justify and explain "why" the Borg collective even "has" a queen. (something thats been debated ever since First contact, i will not "define" the reason but "attempt " to offer a plausible explanation that is a belief system).

THIS... IS.... AWESOME!

I cant wait for your missions. Im very tempted but equally scared to use the borg as I have no idea what to do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the kind feedback others have great ideas, this is what i have said all along to friends in STO, don't worry about endgame content when UGC hits we will all take care of one another. Look at Bridge Commander and Elite Force- two community trek games that years after release continue to be modded and provide content for fellow Trekkies/trekkers.

As for the Borg cult idea- The more i had thought about it, it actually makes sense to me "some" fanatics would see their "message" as divine and their actions as messiah-like. Think about what the Borg do, from the perspective of someone seeking spiritual answers, religion and spirituality may have been downplayed (exception the Bajorans) But to deny its relevance and power in human or other life would be short sighted. I was reading one of Alan Moore's many graphic novels "Promethea" about a female super hero who was a female version of the greek god Prometheus, if you know Alan Moore's work (watchmen,Kingdom come), you know he tries to establish deep spirituaal and philosophical thinking challenges into every story, i think he was an atheist i can;t recall, but he wanted people to think- for example the role super heroes would play in the world (in Kingdom Come he had the Justice League compare them selves to "new gods" looking down from the watchtower parrelel to how zeus and the Olympian gods looked down on the people-and whether they had a right to take this role) anyways the part that struck me was how every cultrure and probably applies to humanoid alien life, has one commonality- they procreate through male to female reproductive means, and use the metaphor of a "mother" figure in many shapes and forms. The Borg may have "ascended" to assimilate as a way of reproducing their "new master race",but they are comprised of millions of beings who share this "mother" instinct and this could be some trace of what a collective mindset would make form into a representitive of authority to keep the many voices in harmony.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-11-2010, 10:53 AM
... Or like with Dr Manhattan

I love Alan Moore, I've actually been thinking a lot about your Borg idea. It also gives a double meaning to her introduction scene to Data

"I am the One who is many" - Legion

"the Alpha and the Omega" - Book of Job I think

She does seem a very very religious character, a matriarch if you will. I just wish we could of seen more of the Borg storyline in ENT, in season 5 Alice Krige was going to be the female Alien who became the Queen thus showing the events of first contact were a predestination paradox... But I won't go into those till 47 lol

I wonder what direction Manny Coto was going to go with her....
Lt. Commander
# 34 New Ideas!!!!
11-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
has anyone thought of ideas that involve your own characters?

eg.

I have a Fed and Klingon character

a Fed mission could involve the Klingon guy I created, and vise versa

ive already exapnded upon that and made up storylines xD
Upon reading this... Yes!

Your ship recieves a detects a federation warp signature near the Fludic Space rift. You investigate knowing there isn't supposed to be a vessel in the region. Admiralty declared the region a "No fly zone" until they can further investigate possible Iconian activity.

Upon entering a nearby star system you are hailed by the othership, badly damaged, the lower decks ripped open. Scans indicate a crew of only one officer....

... Your first Officer!!!!

And on from there
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I was thinking about putting together A.C.T. Advanced Concept Training.

The idea being you enter a system beam down to a planet and begin some advanced training.
Should be something like 6 classes (Obviously open to discussion and suggestions) to help people learn more about the game, to try new things. Having no idea how the Forge works I have no clue how tough it will be make i;t but here the list anyways:

Class 1: Runabout Run Around
Advanced pilot training using a runabout, using some kind of space course they have to fly through rings while avoiding things and/or blowing things up, timed if it possible.

Class 2: Martial Arts/Bat'leth Training-
Some kind of mission that requires you to run through the various combos, and then face off against a holo Opponent etc.

Class 3: Advanced Diplomacy-
Some version of the memory game through chat windows.

Class 4: Tribble Breading-
Pretty self Explanatory but find a combination to breed up a basic non-healing tribble
May touch on more advanced topic if we can find some (Tribble Decoration?)

Class 5: Advanced Marksmanship
A room with many target randomly rotating through exploit debuff, with a couple target that should not be killed.

Class 6 Field First aid-
Working on things related to healing in combat, rezing BO and party members while under fire, using Hypo etc.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
I was thinking about putting together A.C.T. Advanced Concept Training.

The idea being you enter a system beam down to a planet and begin some advanced training.
Should be something like 6 classes (Obviously open to discussion and suggestions) to help people learn more about the game, to try new things. Having no idea how the Forge works I have no clue how tough it will be make i;t but here the list anyways:

Class 1: Runabout Run Around
Advanced pilot training using a runabout, using some kind of space course they have to fly through rings while avoiding things and/or blowing things up, timed if it possible.

Class 2: Martial Arts/Bat'leth Training-
Some kind of mission that requires you to run through the various combos, and then face off against a holo Opponent etc.

Class 3: Advanced Diplomacy-
Some version of the memory game through chat windows.

Class 4: Tribble Breading-
Pretty self Explanatory but find a combination to breed up a basic non-healing tribble
May touch on more advanced topic if we can find some (Tribble Decoration?)

Class 5: Advanced Marksmanship
A room with many target randomly rotating through exploit debuff, with a couple target that should not be killed.

Class 6 Field First aid-
Working on things related to healing in combat, rezing BO and party members while under fire, using Hypo etc.
I like it. Training sims work- but to make it actually a "training exercise" , maybe a HOLO instructor who gives suggestions on things like proper "expose/exploit" of ground weapons etc, offering suggestions so players get a feel for not just frighting practice, but "why" certain styles of fighting work etc.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't want anyone to steal my actual Idea, but, I hated the ending of DS9 and the finisher for VOY wasn't the best, so I decided that I was going to make a playable alternate ending of both, in one mission
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I've been working on a shipwreck idea, but I need to see if a Captain can start a mission with an away team, but be separated from them... and his equipment. I have a workaround if not.

But anyway, the main idea is that the ship is needed to make a show of force in support of an ambassador and some nearby negotiations, but the Captain and science officer take a shuttle to investigate a new kind of storm.

The player ends up shipwrecked on a semi-primitive world, and caught in the middle of a local conflict. It's made up of 4 acts per episode (about 6 episodes so far), but it's going to be a continuing story. I'll be labeling them so the player can see which order they go in - Unless they come up with some way for us to deliver episodes to players who've previously completed something in the chain.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I call dibs on a fleet invasion of the klingon empire that gets interupted by the borg!!!
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I had an Story Arc idea revolving around a Terran Empire Galaxy-X causing havoc to the federation and True Way.