Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
This isnt bragging. I gave a thorough analysis (well, to the best i can without making it "I then shot him, and then him") of two pvp centric fleets playing against each other.

No, its putting a screenshot out there that we won. A lot of people knew about this situation, and obviously people care enough about it to make the posts. It was a battle brewing between 2 of the 3 klingon pvp fleets. I tried to explain the situation behind it the best i could, and I think considering my direct involvement i kept it pretty professional.

However, when you run your mouth, have things like this posted in open channel (by good players no less), you better be prepared to be exposed when you lose. Thats all. Its really simple.

I would have expected no less if the tables were turned and we were smashed 15-2 when we gloated about being the best. This is why being humble is important (well, when youre not the best atleast), because when you lose and are exposed you look like a bunch of dummies! Hence why, aside from this topic, you dont even see QEW post. If we do, its always "Were one of the top 3 klingon fleets". However, in some cases like these, words (from Lore) were greater than action and it had to be clarified with a match/topic/screenshot like this.

Again, thats the risk in talking mad smack. When you lose, the loss hurts a lot more. I have no idea why youre trying to make us sound like the bad guys/braggers when Lore was flapping it all week. We simply won, are happy about it, and posted it to defend against these claims. How you interpret it is your own problem.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-03-2010, 10:07 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-03-2010, 10:11 PM
For the record, I'm only nesting effort in this thread because I've been having to deal with this all week between the two fleets. You both want to be on top. Who cares?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Except, anyone who recognizes that conversation (or read my original post) knew there were direct insults to QEW. They accused us of being cowards and afraid to play them when our fleet was asleep (european timezone). Then they have fed players back them up.

Dont try to spin this in some complicated web. It's really simple. They talked smack, bragged about being the best while insulting us, and lost. Now theyve been exposed. Thats just what happens in any competitive environment. Its the circle of life.

Just chill and enjoy the ride.

Lt. Commander
# 15
11-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Except, anyone who recognizes that conversation knew there were direct insults to QEW. They accused us of being cowards and afraid to play them when our fleet was asleep (european timezone). Then they have fed players back them up.

Dont try to spin this in some complicated web. It's really simple. They talked smack, bragged about being the best while insulting us, and lost. Now theyve been exposed. Thats just what happens in any competitive environment.

Just chill and enjoy the ride.

I remember that day, I also remember when I shut it down in 5 seconds when you explained the situation. I also remember mutiple people stating that QEW started that arguement. The fact that it's simply that issue makes it worse.

Everyone knows that fleets like to brag about their superiority over everyone else (months ago I was trying desperately to make sure that 182 kept the perfect and prestine standard of perfection). It's childish though and eventually you realize that and cut loose. You burn yourself out otherwise. Hell, -TSI- doesn't even like to use the term "a-team" anymore because it did us more harm to worry about who was best rather than have fun.

If OoV or FSI came in tomorrow and said that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread (which they aren't, that belongs to the internet) then give them their day in the sun. There's absolutely NO REASON IN HELL to continue raising the issue for a week. It was bad enough that I had to deal with it in my absolutely pitiful amount of spare time in the organizedpvp channel. Now its spread to the forums - Lore hasn't escalated this, you guys have.

edit:
so please, just stop. Originally there may have been a friendly rivalry, now its a a distasteful and unprofessional blood feud.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I remember that day, I also remember when I shut it down in 5 seconds when you explained the situation. I also remember mutiple people stating that QEW started that arguement. The fact that it's simply that issue makes it worse.
^ This. QEW started the smack talk...and the 'not bragging' disclaimer isn't fooling anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Good to see fleets working to beat each other... gg guys. Hope some fun was involved both sides. Congrats on the victory QEW, I know you prepared well done.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." - Miyamoto Musashi
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Like I said, this started in Kerrat or Drozana, I cant remember exactly. This didnt start in your channel. Why would we randomly start something in your TSI channel? Seriously....
Lt. Commander
# 19 Thanks All
11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks Ty and Faith for your intelligent observations your observations are correct

1. QEW have proven nothing
2. They PMed me 3h after the scheduled starting time that was sent out by their fleet members that morning.
I accepted with who I had good players nonetheless but not a pre determined team.
3. The group that challenged LORE in the morning were on fed toons therefore we were not expecting KDF v KDF
4. The fleet leader of Lore has lost 1 fight to QEW in 5 v 5 and never EVER BEFORE.
5. Never have I ever posted that we were the BEST KDF fleet!!!
6. @Beagles Congrats on your 15 - 2 victory do it in a 3/5 or 2/3 and it will actually mean something. I'll be waiting for the challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Imo the problem was that you had no real high burst damage dealers.Carriers and cruisers can produce high damage numbers over time too but thats just constant/steady damage not burst(and burst kills if the healers know what they are doing not the constant damage which is easily outhealable).

BoPs having bad survivability is just a myth too.If the BoP pilot knows what hes doing he wont die more often than a carrier or a cruiser he just needs to be smart and sometimes wait a bit in cloak until he can be sure that he has enough CDs to get out alive from the next encounter(the only big danger for a good BoP is just an unexpected tricobalt mine what he didnt see early enough).BoPs have bad survivality only if it is a BoP heavy team(3-4-5 BoPs) against a cruiser heavy team is a disaster but having 1 or max 2 BoPs against a healer heavy team is a good thing(f. ex. 3 carriers,1 undead cruiser and a tactical BoP works a lot better than 3 carriers and 2 dps wannabe cruisers).

Ofc this is just my opinion not some kind of unquestionable truth.

edit:and 1 game is a not a big enough sample,you need a lot more than that(would be better with different players/setups too) to make such statement as X fleet is better than Y fleet.What you can say after 1 game is that X team/setup won a game against Y team/setup.If I kill a player 1vs1 once am I a better player than he is?I dont know.But after 5-10 1vs1s against him I have a big enough sample to draw the conclusion(what still doesnt mean that I am or he is a better player,just that I need a new setup and strategy to counter that 1 player).Personally I dont care btw with such trivial things as who is better or who isnt,for me just 1 thing matters:that I have fun when I PvP.
Closed Thread