Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2012, 07:23 AM
So what @handle should I speak to in-game about the STO Roleplayers fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
To my knowledge there is no RP fleet, per say.

You can chat on the STORP channel which is generally populated by people who like to RP. As far as RP fleets go, there are many many small RP fleets out there as they tend to do a lot with command structure, or themes or special races. Like most MMO's there just isn't much gravitation towards massing in a guild for RP.

You can also stumble into RP at some hot spots which used to include DS9.

I'm not sure now a days..
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2012, 06:02 PM
@Storm_Herald is definitely correct.

Well yes there are serious roleplayers around but I didn't pay for STO to have my character demoted to rank and file using pen and paper rules.

I want to fly starships and with the assistance of other good Captains, make our own little Star Trek episode of exploration, research and conquest.

Roleplaying is really, not difficult at all, from simple tactical coordination spoken or written out before execution, to discussion of in-game missions and scenarios... just like we'd communicate in a real life environment. Guess what, this sort of RP is both easy to create, engaging, and accessible to anyone who cares to fly on your wing instead of dashing off like a glory-seeking Klingon warrior across the universe.

To me, I am very picky about Fleets because all it takes is one person to start chatting me up about personal matters and the whole thing becomes a pointless waste of time.

I'm here to Trek and learn the lore of Trek, not discuss OOC matters!
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
There's various roleplaying fleets available. Off the top of my head, I can think of the STO Roleplayer's Guild, the 12th fleet, and the 22nd Mobile Daedalus.

@carmenara: Not everyone wants to be a captain, and some of these fleets are tailored to the roleplayers that want to play their character as a crewmember instead of an admiral. Not all of the fleets do that, and you aren't forced to fill that role unless you want to join those fleet.

As to your "personal matters", that's why most fleets have an IC channel(s), and OOC channels. If you don't want to discuss OOC, then just avoid that channel and stick to IC. Your experience is as good or as bad as you allow it to be.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2012, 07:31 PM
After stringent evaluation (both ways) the {UFP} (United Federation of Planets) offers the most optimal blend of in-character roleplay and in-game immersion.

In addition, their unique website and command structure (both IC and OOC) gives me a valuable opportunity to test and evaluate combat tactics and weapons systems in a realistic manner with fellow cadets.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
The medical division of 12th Fleet does a LOT of roleplay, in game and out: http://forums.12th-fleet.com/
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Left the {UFP} as their members and officers were consistenly very rude to me and other lady gamers I had recruited to RP together with.

Their leadership also does not reward my efforts to assist new players and promote RP as a means to improve communications between starship captains, despite me writing an entire novelette of RP material with my players.

So, lesson learnt - appearances at first glance can be deceiving.

Now strongly considering 2nd Fleet Science Division. Will check out the 12th too, thanks for your recommendation
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Ensign
So, I was playing dabo in DS9 and saw some roleplayers enjoying themselves, and decided to pitch in when I saw one of them had insane amounts of injuries ( 3 internal bleeding, 15 concussions, 3 broken ribs, 3 combat fatigue) I decided I'd join in with a pitch of im a doctor (I play a medic) and suggested they should report to sickbay immediately.

I was told to go F myself on the spot and ignored by everyone, did I do something wrong? Are game mechanics not often or even never involved in role play?

Last edited by derpfiddle; 06-23-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Rihannsu
# 30
06-23-2013, 10:52 PM
You know, this thread is over a year old. Try not to post in threads where all the posters are "Archived Post"

I've joined in a few ingame RPs like that, usually they're pretty friendly. Sometimes though they just don't want to be bothered. I know, it's ironic that they do this in Quark's, but it happens. More often then not, you don't pay much attention to the game, it's possible that from an IC perspective, the character wasn't supposed to be injured.

Heck, some people just like to run around with debilitating injuries all the time, to make the game more challenging.