Lt. Commander
# 91
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkos
Well, there goes warp drive.
Sorry I should have been more specific, I ment the known physical laws of space travel within the 25th century, not the 21st. LoL
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
A great big NO to allowing Lifers and Veterans instant travel to the Captains Table, we want ideas that make the Captains Table more appealing, not an idea that breaks the known physical laws of space travel, as well as giving Lifers and Veterans a huge added benefit over any other player.
Then you need to read the Captains Table book series, because that's how it works in the books...
Lt. Commander
# 93 Enhanced BO Trainer
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
If you want to make the Captain's table special, put in an enhanced BO Trainer that lets me train BOs to level 3 skills so I don't have to go through the trade, train, re-trade process when I want a high end skill for different class BOs. I know there will be whining that this is too much of a bonus for lifers and vets, and it may create balance issues and mess up the exchange; however, I am willing to pay a premium for this convenience (merit, energy, marks, etc., NOT Cryptic Points) and I'm sure it would increase traffic in the Captain's Table A LOT.
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Your number 5 is never going to hapen, Betty. Sorry, but Cryptic makes all of their games like this for a reason.

I loled. (At first, then I felt kind of bad for his girlfriend, seeing how physically violent he got over a pretendy fun time game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
But that's CANON - the Captain's Table books are all about it appearing everywhere through some kind of mysteriousness.
When referencing a series which originated from films or television, books are generally not considered canonical. Star Trek seems to be a fairly poor source of canon, as well, since there were so many inconsistencies throughout the series (Phasers firing from torpedo tubes, scale discrepancies, character contradictions, etc.).
Lt. Commander
# 95
11-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Open PvP Combat Ring (for Captains to blow off some steam)?
Lt. Commander
# 96
11-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Given all the NPCs in the Captain's Table a daily repeatable diplomacy mission would be nice, since there are lots of stuff that can be done.

Also since the Breen episodes should the 'oh I shouldn't tell you about what the breen are doing yet due to the timestamp' message from a certain NPC be updated to something else (could have the message always being updated to be teasers for next set of episodes, plus allow us to review old teasers for laughs.)

Also what if the captain's table was able to be entered from the Bridge? That way to enter you jsut go to your bridge, and from there get into the Captain's Table. Or could put it in the captain's bedroom, or other part of the ship interior if you wanted, since the ship interiors are going to get functionality eventually why not have that be part of the functionality?

Alternatively use a transwarp skill with a cooldown, and have the anomaly outside Qonos/Sol for accessing the Captain's Table when the transwarp skill is on cooldown. This prevents making it a free go to bank whenever you want as it just becomes well you can port here or transwarp to another bank while avoiding the enter home system fly, enter anomaly, fly, enter captain's table.
Lt. Commander
# 97
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Move the Captain's Table to ESD, use one of those unused turbo-lifts to get you there.
Lt. Commander
# 98
11-04-2010, 10:22 PM
How about this one,

A BO skill trainer that trains rare skills like Beam Overload 3 and the others that at current only come from initial Blue and Purple BO's. Make the training cost ridiculously high like 5000/10000 SFM/Honor for lt cdr/cdr BO skills.

And most of the other stuff mentioned above (transwarp to CT, ect )
Lt. Commander
# 99
11-04-2010, 10:41 PM
It's almost like the same argument... Make an open PvP area with something desirable there, something worth fighting for. Poker, 3D Chess, a kick butt vendor, something unique. The funny thing is ,is that I don't even have access to the Captain's table.
Lt. Commander
# 100
11-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Honestly? Something needs to be added to the Captain's Table to make it "the place to be" because right now... it ISN'T.

I love it, I love the graphics outside the station, etc. but when I beam down there's usually NO ONE on the station or maybe one other person. There is nothing that the Table has that you can't find at ESD.

Here's an idea, make it the center of a NEW line of quests dealing with the "Temporal Cold War" - yes, some people hate the Temporal Cold War but it is a part of Trek now and already when you beam down the chick at the front desk begins to talk about the Captain's Table being some "meeting place" where people from different times can meet. So maybe you can run with that idea...

Another idea is even though the Captains Table is still currently Lifetime Subscribers ONLY, you could make some of the missions start OUTSIDE of the Table, and some of them lead TO the table...

That way, people who are NOT lifetime subscribers can visit the Table, see what its like, and participate in missions there. Once the mission is over then you can't go back to the Table again unless another mission sends you there.