Lt. Commander
# 101
11-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Location location location... as they say in real estate.

How about gamma orionis? It would be nice to have a transwarp capability there too.
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Richardson View Post
Speaking of this, add occasionally odd/whacky/strange/awesome events that are semi-random.

Things like a Klingon chasing a romulan into the room suddenly, screaming for the 'dastardly pointy-ear' to give him back his bloodwine as he brandishes an early mark disruptor and bat'leth.... only for the patrons to look but for a moment, collectively shrug, and go back to drinking. Not their problem, after all.

Or some little dude standing up on the stage, and proclaiming himself 'Lord Zim the almighty and Moist', and making outrageous claims and demands.

That's actually something all stations need, a bit more variety to what happens. The Captain's Table just needs to be more awesome.
I approve of this idea...and the concept of adding higher level gear vendors, and shipyard facilities.....Dabo, obviously....and I completely agree with moving the entrance....I can't wait to see how The Captain's Table evolves over time, but if the devs only use a tenth of the ideas in this thread it'll be an awesome place.
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
ok lets start

- a direct exit option to head out to sirius sector block without going to earth sub system first
- a direct enter option from sirius sector space would also be great
- a hyperspace button for lifetimers/400+Vets to go there directly
- BO Skill Trainer
- singing Vic Fontaine Hologram
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-05-2010, 03:49 AM
It would be nice of the 'hint' on future events, (given out by that green orion girl by the entrance) are updated on a regular basis... The reference to the 'Breen' is getting a little old
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Vendors to sell stuff (already there I believe)
Dabo
Tailor
Respec officer
Medical officer perhaps (for healing wounds)
Exchange, Mail and Bank access
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-05-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius1 View Post
1) A Trans-Warp to it.

2) As an option from Sol in sector space. (So you don't have to go to Sol -> Fly -> Portal -> Fly -> Captain's Table)
Either one or both of those ideas would definitely be an improvement to me.
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-05-2010, 06:25 AM
An alternative approach would be to remove all "traditional" Starbase functionality from the Captain's Table and make it more like the one from the books - a social gathering place. Besides Dabo, add a few other games - maybe even one or two which are unique to the Table. Dabo payouts could be slightly larger to encourage traffic.

Thinking about entrances, I think it would be cool to adopt the "door" motif from the novels. Every social zone, and maybe ship interior, could have a door in it which is only interactable by people who have earned access to the Captain's Table. Using the door takes you straight to the lobby.

I think it's a cool option - you still have to travel to a starbase (or Vulcan or wherever) to get there, but at least you don't have to zone to a pointless Captain's Table space map. Providing unique games at least would generate interest in leaving, say, Starbase One to visit the Captain's Table instead.
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
An alternative approach would be to remove all "traditional" Starbase functionality from the Captain's Table and make it more like the one from the books - a social gathering place. Besides Dabo, add a few other games - maybe even one or two which are unique to the Table. Dabo payouts could be slightly larger to encourage traffic.

Thinking about entrances, I think it would be cool to adopt the "door" motif from the novels. Every social zone, and maybe ship interior, could have a door in it which is only interactable by people who have earned access to the Captain's Table. Using the door takes you straight to the lobby.

I think it's a cool option - you still have to travel to a starbase (or Vulcan or wherever) to get there, but at least you don't have to zone to a pointless Captain's Table space map. Providing unique games at least would generate interest in leaving, say, Starbase One to visit the Captain's Table instead.
I like this idea, go the opposite way and make it a completely different thing than other stations.
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-05-2010, 07:50 AM
i would like to see more hints of future events... a few named captains... such as braxton... you know there are all times present.
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
As someone said before: there are too many social areas but too few people to populate them. Why would you want to thin it out even more?

A captains table should be a separte part on ESD (but grant access to the ESD chatchannel). To make it special it should offer some kind of service/items that are fun but have no influence on the gameplay. i.E. some special consumables (or tribbles), special character effects (much like the shipt-firework emote for the 300day lifer), special minigames that grant the same rewards like other games (GPL/dabo), etc. pp..

At the moment this place offers nothing special (despite some strange NPCs). And in addition you are seperated from the "outside world" (read: social chatchannels like ESD).

If I could to the same things there that I do on ESD (socializing, auction items, doing bank stuff, etc.) and had an incentive to go there (in contrast to now where Im penalized) Id be more than happy!

Just my two cents