Lt. Commander
# 121
11-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Captians Table..... just remove the thing , its pointless and that blob in space is pathetic lol
Lt. Commander
# 122
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Just like all the other "features" the game has, it is there for "flair" only.
Does not enhance the game, but hey we have exclusive "flair" that doesnt
count for targ excrement.
Lt. Commander
# 123
11-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Anyway, anyone else have suggestions for improving the Captain's Table? It's not that there aren't enough people with access it's just that it's yet ANOTHER social hub and there's no special reason to go there...someone wanna chime in here and offer a solution?

Or do we all agree to just stop wasting the data space and destroy the Table?
I think they should put in a bar with Orion slave girls dancing on the tables.
Lt. Commander
# 124
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
To expand on this
  1. More chair space to sit and RP
I'd love to see multiple decks. The space stations in this game are so huge, and yet they have about as much floor space as the Star Cruiser or Klingon Carrier C-Store bridges.

Instead of beaming directly into the welcome areas of stations, I'd love it if we would beam into a (smaller) instanced transporter room from where we can access a turbolift that would take us to the various decks. In the turbolift use dialogue, we could select the deck we liked and perhaps the instance of that deck we desire. Then, instead of a load screen, perhaps have the load happen in the background while we see the doors close and the little lights shimmer behind the frosted panels that indicate movement of the lift.
Lt. Commander
# 125
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not all too keen about putting things in that I can get from every other starbase. The point of the Captain's Table is that it's unique, so put some unique thing's in there. I feel that putting vendors in that sell very rare items and such is more forcing players to hit up the Captain's Table. We're going there because of the items, not because it's cool.

Since it's spose to be a place to gather and tell stories, make a table where we can ( dare I say it ) sit and converse. The drinks are free, yet we don't get offered any. I love it in DDO that you have to stay at the tavern and eat to gain your life back. The IDEA of me feasting at a tavern actually allows me to pretend I'm in that fantasy world, gorging on turkey legs and readying myself for adventure. As much as I always liked this, I don't like how you eat a piece of food in a 2 second animation and then just stand there for 5 minutes. I've hung out at Drozana station with friends and bought drinks just to emote to them I am socializing, but alas it's only a 2 second animation. I think it would be cool if I could hit the Captain's Table, sit down, and animate myself having a drink for an extended period of time. That way...while I'm taking a break from galloping across the universe...I feel more immersed and am more likely to just start typing out random stories. I would like to see every bar in STO have this, but in the Captain's Table the drinks would be free, of course, you just have to actually socialize and tell some stories. I'd like to suggest a mini-game of you telling stories, but the only thing I can come up with is a "mad-lib" type game...and I hate those

O, n I also like the Orion giving hints and a high roller Dabo table Since ne games that are created shouldn't be limited to just the Captain's Table, maybe make high roller versions accesible in it.
Lt. Commander
# 126
11-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I would like the Captains Table to be a one-stop social area that has the functionality of Earthdock/Qo'Nos. Let it become a very useful area for Lifers and Veterans. Put some Missions in there, maybe giving small amounts of Cryptic Points as their Rewards. A poker table would be nice, maybe we could even play with holograms of historical figures (say any ST Series actors you guys can get likeness rights from economically) or other Captains.
Lt. Commander
# 127
11-05-2010, 09:02 PM
My original thoughts on the subject:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ight=crustymac
Lt. Commander
# 128
11-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
My original thoughts on the subject...
I don't think we need any original thoughts on the Captain's Table. The same old ones work just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 129
11-07-2010, 07:54 PM
I'd like a tribble soccer field, and a vendor that sells more of those synchronic proton rifles

Oh, the cryo grenades and the crm-200 too
Lt. Commander
# 130
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Yeah? You wouldn't want to be able to visit Vic Fontaine's night club or visit New Haven on the holodeck?

I would.

Thing is, you SHOULD be able to do that at Quarks on DS9...or Drozana Station...etc etc