Lt. Commander
# 141
11-18-2010, 08:45 PM
If you simply give the Captain's Table all the features of Drozana Station and make it accessible from anywhere in Sector Space you'll increase the number of people using it several fold without sacrificing the usage of all the other social areas. Drozana Station itself has the Devidian missions and is the only place for non-vets or lifers to talk and interact with those from other factions without shooting phasers and disruptors at one another, Space Dock and Qo'noS are the center points of their factions where you have to go for your new ships and a place to buy weapons, Ganalda Station and K-7 use Medals earned from PvP, DS9 is a second space dock with a Dabo table. Only Starbase 39-Sierra might be affected as it's only function is a Federation only Drozana without Dabo, has a single diplomatic mission and is where you find the mission contacts for the Romulan Front missions.

I'd also think you might want to add some food items that currently you can only find as drops to Cap's store such as Romulan Ale and Klingon Heart of Targ. The use of food items are somewhat limited outside of a very quick non-stacking HP heal, and to breed high end tribbles.
Lt. Commander
# 142
11-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeGuyver
I'd also think you might want to add some food items that currently you can only find as drops to Cap's store such as Romulan Ale and Klingon Heart of Targ. The use of food items are somewhat limited outside of a very quick non-stacking HP heal, and to breed high end tribbles.
The problem with that is that lifer/veterans would buy them and then put them for sale for 1mil credits on the exchange to exploit non-lifer players who need them but can't buy on demand. Unless they were bound... But even then maybe they'd work around it by breeding top tier tribbles with the food and then selling those for high prices because usually tribbles aren't bound.
Lt. Commander
# 143
11-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
The problem with that is that lifer/veterans would buy them and then put them for sale for 1mil credits on the exchange to exploit non-lifer players who need them but can't buy on demand. Unless they were bound... But even then maybe they'd work around it by breeding top tier tribbles with the food and then selling those for high prices because usually tribbles aren't bound.
Uh, food isn't bound. So if you bind food why not Tribbles?

The Captains table needs something that is better than adding everything to it.

Leave captains table where it is. If you can access it allow a no cool down transwarp to it. Then one perk is instant transwarp+one load screen and you are home.

What it needs is more RP elements, zero use of all powers and items, larger instance size, more foreshadowing (allow the npc's to make mention of future weeklies). Have a few devs hang out occasionally.

It was meant for a reward for LTS, by adding it to veterans awards that opens it up, meaning it's not a money thing, but a loyalty thing.

Story Time. That would be cool. A dev sits down and tells the story of their character, one or two of the other players get to as well.

Awards. We get to see the devs thank some one who made a contribution.

Gamesters of Triskelion. A exclusive PvP arena.

Stat Board. Only here do you see (or maybe even qualify) for "person with most PvP kills", "Fastest time on a STF", etc

Booze and Disco lights. Quarks or Club 47? Screw that I can get into "Le Kirk" the hottest club in all quadrants.
Lt. Commander
# 144
12-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Here's what I'd like to see in an exclusive, super s****y Star Trek starbase:

0 - (as in, before anything else) Content that puts it in context of the universe.

0.1 - Have lifers and 400-day accounts' Captains be presented with a hail, offering them a mission to go investigate something interesting. We go, do some fighting, do some diplomacy, fly, run, and in the end we have to cooperate with members of the other major factions (Federation, Romulan, Klingon, Borg, Species 8575309) to stop the universe from blowing up. Probably somebody found an Omega particle. In commemoration of the cooperation, a new Starbase is built, as designated neutral territory for all species to find common ground. The first completed portion of the station is The Captain's Table, a pub that welcomes all who are willing to be amicable, even for a little while.

0.2 - Instead of operating in a rift, the project must be built in the only place that such a project *could* be built. We get to defy General Order 7 and visit Talos IV. We get to convince the Talosians (with some appropriate complications and maybe a phaser bolt or two) that we are working on a peaceful, cooperative solution, and that they should help us. Undaunted in their isolationism, the Talosians won't host the treaty station, but they will lend an ambassador. Going on to phase two, we visit the Paradise Planet, and after surviving that, the Talosian ambassador is able to use his mental prowess to keep things under control. This gives us a place to build a ground rec facility, and in orbit construction of the station begins. The Talosian ambassador and the mechanism of the Paradise Planet will not allow any *overt* shenanigans to happen.

1 - Minigames

1.1 - Dabo, of course.

1.1 - Latinum vendors that have items which cannot be purchased anywhere else. Always retain the sense of something exclusive about the place, even if it's mostly cosmetic.

1.2 - Tailors that have minor trinkets of cross-faction clothing, but only deal in Latinum.

2 - Social areas

2.1 - Give us a reason to visit social areas.

2.2 - Enhanced Fleet management console, maybe?

2.3 - Fleet-to-Fleet allied Fleet Bank access?

2.4 - Pon'farr dating service.

2.5 - Story board - lets you temporarily upload screenshots to be "projected" while you tell war stories.

2.6 - Ingame streaming Star Trek Theatre (or opens a new window) for Star Trekkies Online who have a Netflix account, or Hulu or whatnot.

2.6.1 - Double awesome points if you have a short announcement before the event discussing the movie and the actors etc., and/or have game chat postings of behind-the-scenes Star Trek info for the scenes going on presently in the movies and TV shows.

2.6.2 - "You win the entire internet" bonus awesome points if you get Mr. Nimoy and others back in to record voice commentaries and/or introductions.

3 - Friendly sparring arenas

3.1 - Train your Bat'leth skills with Holo-Worf.

3.2 - Anbo Jutsu (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Anbo-jyutsu) . Make it a game sort of like Grue, where you're stumbling around in the dark until you hear something and *thwack* .

4 - Outside Interactions

4.1 - Memory Alpha (the website) browser.

4.2 - Interactive Klingon dictionary / tutor. I think there's a website for this somewhere; I used to have this on cassette tape, narrated by Michael Dorn.

4.3 - Streaming audio from the Star Trek radio stream.

5 - Personal Office Space

5.1 - This would be an instanced office like our Ready Room, but it would be our starbase office instead. We could decorate it to the standards current to whatever the Ready Room can do. We can invite friends in as well, at least if they have access to get there.

5.2 - Instead of running all over a starbase back and forth to buy, sell, stack, bank, install, repeat... have all the inventory related consoles all lined up in *our* office. This would let us do our inventory wrangling all in one place.

5.2.1 - Better yet, let us have *one* console that opens up everything, in a stacked or tabbed view. Ship list, current ship, boffs inventories, our inventory, bank, fleet bank, exchange.

5.3 - Bridge Officer review. We sit in our chair and summon a boff, who comes into the office and stands while we have a discussion. From this view, we can promote him, change his skills, train his skills, and make uniform adjustments all in one view. When we're done making changes, he runs off to the turbolift and runs around the station taking care of his updates.

6 - *MY* ship

6.1 - Remember that scene in ST:The Motion Picture where Enterprise is outside the windows, and we, the loving audience get to enjoy the glamour shots of the new ship in all it's glory as the camera lovingly pans around every sexy curve and angle? I want that. With my ship. Basically, an observation deck where I can summon up my ship, to be viewed, cammed around, and enjoyed in detail. Little tender ships buzzing around. A guy in a spacesuit waving at us too.

6.2 - If we are in a Team with somebody, their ships should show up too, in adjacent berths.

7 - Content launching point!

7.1 - When the new station goes live, it will necessarily be limited. That's fine. Give us a daily mission to bring parts and supplies for it's construction. Give us missions to stop saboteurs. Give us diplo missions to visit the other races and convince them to join in the effort.

7.1.2 - As the starbase is constructed and new content and races are added, give it different concourses in different construction styles, to match.

7.2 - Allow us missions to find the hidden transwarp conduit entrance points that would be scattered around the galaxy. When we acquire such a point, it would then show up on our space maps. (Alternate version: to steal the Unimatrix Zero nodes that we would carry in inventory and give us the ability to travel there directly)

7.3 - Mission hails that take us into new missions and mission types. Have a scene where the Admiral comes down to the observation deck and, in cinema camera mode, explains the situation to you, with your own ship in the background. Then, still in cinema camera mode, you walk down the gantry to your ship and launch.

7.3.1 - New mission complication: virgin crew. This mission starts off as a shakedown cruise for Academy brats. Your boffs are all randomly assigned, randomly skilled Ensigns. (Please fix the retention of Ability button assignments first, though! Without that, this would be a nightmare of setting stuff back up later!) Be sure to remind the Helmsman to take off the parking brake.

7.3.2 - New mission type: outworlder visitation. Suitable to the type of cooperation engendered in the special starbase's charter, that mixed teams of the various factions journey forth to ensure ongoing amiable relations with the elder mega-races. ("Please, no more caretaker kidnappings, that was rather inconvenient, thanks!") In this mission type, anything can happen, but always with additional twists, complications, and interference from above. This can spin into a whole new set of (daily, weekly?) missions, to go and visit V'GER or the Space Whale Callers or some such.
Lt. Commander
# 145
12-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
Either one or both of those ideas would definitely be an improvement to me.
Apparently in the fluff, you're supposed to get there through a doorway?

Maybe the entrance would be simply a Captain Ability or even a /command, which you could only activate if you were standing next to a door?
Lt. Commander
# 146
12-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
Here's a short list of what should be there. (Some may already exist, but... )
  1. Uniform Tailor
  2. Ship Changer
  3. Ship Designer
  4. Emblem Merchant
  5. Respec Merchant
  6. Exploration Token Merchants
  7. Dabo Table
  8. PvP Token Merchants
  9. Exchange
  10. Fleet Bank
  11. Mail
  12. Library Computer (Ship Spec's and such)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but that would be a great start. I'd still like to have a Transwarp directly there though.
At a minimum a holographic medic that allows you to heal all your wounds in one scan, like on the show. No more clicking over and over to heal wounds. YES I want to heal all my wounds. Who doesn't?
Lt. Commander
# 147
12-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Crafting. Let us Lifers and Vets craft from here instead of having to travel to memory alpha.

Also I think there should be an entrance from our ready room onto the captain's table station. Then exiting the station will bring us back into our ready room, or into whatever location in space we were before.
Lt. Commander
# 148
12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Crafting. Let us Lifers and Vets craft from here instead of having to travel to memory alpha.

Also I think there should be an entrance from our ready room onto the captain's table station. Then exiting the station will bring us back into our ready room, or into whatever location in space we were before.
Crafting is an excellent idea.
Lt. Commander
# 149
12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
How about some sort of console you walk up to and find groups with.

Like I have a mission we will say for this (Infected) and i need 4 more people to do it, it helps me find 4 other people trying to do it then instantly puts us in the mission.

Because we REALLY need a better way to find groups in this game, I hate to say it, but like World of Warcrafts Dungeon Finder tool.

Maybe even a daily mission that takes us somewhere OUTSIDE of the zones that our map shows to some random section of space / time to do a mission thats really hard, or even make it a daily which requires you have a group of 5 people together and you que for the daily mission together.

The group daily would bring people there to both find other people to do the daily with and people wanting to see some new content.

This would in turn make a social area you Cryptic guys are so fond of.
Lt. Commander
# 150
12-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modemfox View Post
How about some sort of console you walk up to and find groups with.

Like I have a mission we will say for this (Infected) and i need 4 more people to do it, it helps me find 4 other people trying to do it then instantly puts us in the mission.

Because we REALLY need a better way to find groups in this game, I hate to say it, but like World of Warcrafts Dungeon Finder tool.
This should be implemented in the HUD so everyone can use it, not only those with lifetime subscriptions or who have reached the 400 day vet reward.