Lt. Commander
# 181
02-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
That idea of it being a place that can be transwarped to and let us return to where we were that was in the first post was excellent. Letting us do crafting there also would be a nice addition.
Lt. Commander
# 182
02-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Would be neat if you put traiing dummines in there Like ship holo's to test out are weapons and Boff
Lt. Commander
# 183
02-05-2011, 08:15 PM
ShadowDragon had a great post back on New Year's Eve (12/31), IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 184
02-12-2011, 09:01 AM
A little Dance Hall, or even just some ambient music, so you don't feel silly trying to start a random party there. Would love to see a gang of ppl dancing on the table. :p

I also love the idea of being able to just "transwarp" into the instance like a DSE (drops u where u were when u leave), as this would greatly increase traffic. Visited it on a whim today, actually, and t's a gorgeous space that deserves to be used.
Lt. Commander
# 185
02-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I have a feeling that burning the CT 100 days before its offered as a Vet Reward will tick off a lot of non-LTS players.
/agree
I'm less than a month from getting in there, so kindly leave it alone. kthxbye!
Lt. Commander
# 186
02-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
It would be great if it where accessable from the bridge through a portal, perhaps on a seperate cooldown then the trasnwarps,

and go straight to the map itself, the extra instance is agonizing and keeps me from ever going there
Lt. Commander
# 187
02-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
first let me say I love the exterior map for the Captains Table with it looking like its anchored in warp or some such.. though that is a bit disconnected from the fact it is entered via a nebula, which would imply it is in a nebula, which blatantly it is not. So firstly maybe changing the entry to be a warp gate or something equally sci fi to fit the map we move to.

As for functionality to start with considering it is a social space for lifetimers and veterans then in order to have a reason for those people to go there it should have all the basic functionality of ESD i.e ship yard, requisitions, club, exchange, bank, place to trade in emblems and marks etc.. Of course this then raises the question of why go there rather than ESD? maybe including a transwarp for the Captains Table like we have to Earth Spacedock would help a little.

BUT then we have the issue of if we can do all the same stuff in the captains table as we can ESD then why go to the Captains table instead..especially as it would mean an extra step to leave to get back to sector space again. e.g for ESD it is sirirus sector to Sol, to ESD and then the reverse to leave. But for Captains Table it is Sirius to Sol to Nebula to Captains Table and then reverse to exit making it more time consuming to go to the Captains table than the ESD.

So maybe moving the Captains table entrance from sol space and placing it somewhere more convenient or better yet makign it ONLy available via Transwarp and exitable anywhere. e.g. going from Captains table space map back to secotr puts you back where you were before you transwarped in. that would make it hugely more accessible for those with access.

Also with regard to functionality maybe a few quest lines that are open to those with access would be nice possibily relating to the discovery of the Captains Table origins or what goes on there behind the scenes..? these would be another nice reason togo there and something for those earning thier vet days still to gain access to, to look forward to.

Also maybe a few crafting options that can only be accessed via Captains Table..maybe a set related to the origins of the station? again another incentive to go and something for thos ewaiting to access to look forward to.

finally how about a BOFF species related to the origins of the station that may only be fired or earned through quests related to the origins of the station and ALSO purchaseable as a captain species once you gain access.

Other things like some BoP ship parts or visual customisations that are again tied to the origins/nature or story of the captains table that may only be obtained or earned by going to the captains table. Maybe through dailies associated with the place and earned over time, which again provide another reason to go there and partake in whats available.
Lt. Commander
# 188
02-12-2011, 09:29 AM
I'd like unique endgame missions both singleplayer and STF type ones that involve timetravel associated with this social zone.
Lt. Commander
# 189
02-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Post# 156 and #162 have the most merit. I encourage readers to find those. As these posters seem to have clearly read the books from which the spirit of the Captain's Table originates. I've just started reading Captain's Table: Fire Ship's. In which Captain Janeway has stumbled upon the setting.

What I don't want is any access from space at all. None whatsoever. Make it a random door within our own starship's interior. Triggered to start shimmering when the account is tagged for access.

While I would enjoy unique functionality within Captain's Table, IMO, it would be a bad idea to add so much as to make ESD and Qo'noS redundant.

Balance any new functionality carefully, please.
Lt. Commander
# 190
02-12-2011, 11:43 AM
There's got to be something unique about the Captain's Table that makes people want to go there. Perhaps something minor, like being able to buy types of food at the bar there that you can't buy anywhere else.

I'd prefer to see something more major though, such as what was suggested above about getting unique end-game missions from a contact on the Captains Table. If you made it so that you had to travel there, rather than using the contact system, then that would be cool. Make the rewards for the missions a tad unique as well.