Lt. Commander
# 191
02-15-2011, 05:11 PM
I really like Chris and Jeremy's idea they mentioned on STOked: Make the Captain's Table a hub for the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 192
02-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
Here's a short list of what should be there. (Some may already exist, but... )
  1. Uniform Tailor
  2. Ship Changer
  3. Ship Designer
  4. Emblem Merchant
  5. Respec Merchant
  6. Exploration Token Merchants
  7. Dabo Table
  8. PvP Token Merchants
  9. Exchange
  10. Fleet Bank
  11. Mail
  12. Library Computer (Ship Spec's and such)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but that would be a great start. I'd still like to have a Transwarp directly there though.
Well This is prety Much what i was thinking of but you could also ADD Crafting stations there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Ability to purchase other faction bridge officers???
NO we get one as Fed for being Ambasador, we need to work for it. The only thing i could imagene would be a Klingon geting in total 1 Fed BO there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
I really like Chris and Jeremy's idea they mentioned on STOked: Make the Captain's Table a hub for the foundry.
Well no i am against that. because it should stay/become a special place for Livetimers / Veterans. but in one piont thay are right; give us more reason to go there
Lt. Commander
# 193
02-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
It was a lousy idea and one they didn't think about much. It either means only vets and lifers can use the foundry or they open it up to everyone. To open it up to everyone takes away a perk (albeit a currently lame one) from both lifers and vets and opens up a currently worthless place with only a gimmick to draw people to it.

I haven't looked yet with the foundry, but I would hope it could be a starting point option for foundry missions, like everything else. I few missions of a social nature tied to the myth of the Captains table would be good.
Lt. Commander
# 194
02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
I'd say instead of the Captain's table being 1 single instance, change it so that every station has a Captain's Lounge. Add all the elements everyone is asking for that the particular station doesn't already have. Station A doesn't have a ship-swapper...bam...it does now, but only in the Lounge. That way you're not slapping the regular players in the face, but the lifers and long-termers have things they can get done at every station.
Lt. Commander
# 195
02-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
1. Emblem and Mark vendors
2. Crafting Stations
3. Tailor
4. Respec Trainer
5. Bridge Officer Trainer
6. Ship Yard (with all applicable options)
7. Poker Tables
8. 3D Chess Tables
9. Kal-Toh Tables
10. Two Holodecks with continuously running programs of Vic's Lounge (DS9) and Fairhaven (VOY)

Also, Make Captain's Table a Transwarp.

Lt. Commander
# 196
02-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
1. Emblem and Mark vendors
2. Crafting Stations
3. Poker Tables
4. Respec Trainer
5. Bridge Officer Trainer
6. Ship Yard (with all applicable options)
7. Poker Tables
8. Two Holodecks with continuously running programs of Vic's Lounge (DS9) and Fairhaven (VOY)

Oh and Vulcan love slave!!!

Generally to give it everything you could find at normal stations, like esd or DS9, doesn't make it special. A real perk would be for any Tailor transactions to be free at the captains table, things like that. A real "thank you" for lifers and vets, but not really a game-breaker. (Edit= I mean just changes made are free, not that you get c-store uniforms free)
Lt. Commander
# 197
02-15-2011, 06:46 PM
At rate, the Captain's Table is going to have everything, even the kitchen sink. :p

IMHO, I like the idea of making it part of the Foundry. But I think it would be better than instead of the Captain's Table the Foundry Mission Creator is part of Starfleet Academy and then players could access the Foundry Missions from their Ship's Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 198
02-15-2011, 06:46 PM
What i could see is that the tailor at the table allows you to pick costume pieces from the other faction to wear.
This wold allow people who really want it to be able to but also limit the availablity of such to lifers and vets. So you have to earn the possibility in some way that will benefit the game. aka spending more money on it.
Lt. Commander
# 199
02-15-2011, 06:59 PM
How about an extra bank or "personal safe"?
Maybe a Tribble Breeding Pen?
Lt. Commander
# 200
02-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournerX
How about an extra bank or "personal safe"?
Maybe a Tribble Breeding Pen?
Too exclusive to be fair, IMHO. Everyone should have those options.