Lt. Commander
# 21
11-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
I'd like to see the entrance moved. Either (a) put an Aenigma Nebula at Sol, SB39, K7, DS9, Ganalda, etc., (b) move the Aenigma to Sector Space, or perhaps best of all, (c) put it in the drop-down menu next to "Visit the Bridge." I can guarantee you that making it instantly accessible from any non-combat map would make it very desirable...though perhaps even at the expense of the other, tougher to reach social zones.

Right now though, it's simply too much effort to zone into Sol System, then turn my ship around to access the Nebula when I could just punch Full Impulse and dock at ESD instead.
I agree with that, though the reason I find most compelling would be to remove the portal gate out of Earth's orbit.

Because... seriously... Earth has a glowing portal gate in its orbit, right besides Earth Space Dock? It stinks of ridiculousness to me.

Having the option added to the dropdown menu seems an attractive one to me. Furthermore, you might consider changing "Visit the Bridge" to "Visit the Ship".
Lt. Commander
# 22 No.
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
I disagree, the worste idea ever was Nelix

I see your "Neelix" and raise you "Tuvix".
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Some Ideas from me

To make it more popular, perhaps a 10% bonus to the energy credit price when sell your junk there.
Easier access from various places, perhaps a quick way from each sector or a skill on transwarp cooldown
Special Uniform options that can be obtained there
Perhaps a special holodeck where captains can mess about in other factions ships verus a few npcs, timed mission or just something amusing to shoot at - you know, something to pass the time
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Ship customization NPC / console.

Respec NPC.

Mark/Emblem vendors (possibly with some items not available in other such vendors)

Ability to transwarp to the Aenigma Nebula. (I find it kind of odd we have to transwarp to ESD and then Full Impulse to the portal before entering it.)

Crafting consoles & vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't think everything here should be included, that would make the place a central hub? But great ideas, nonetheless! Tailor and other cosmetic stuff resonate well, as does the game and possibly the skill trainer.

I sometimes miss the terminals from CoH ( when they worked that is ), where you could see in-game player statistics in several areas, this would be a good place for something like this, if it's even technically feasible, might have read it isn't and forgotten about it. :p

---
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Let me add to my last post:

Actually, I find the very concept of the Captain's Table to be ridiculous. I'm actually in agreement to the opening poster in just getting rid of it. I don't want to see it become more important than already important locales like Deep Space Nine and Earth Space Dock and many of the above suggestions in this thread would imply that.

In many ways, I feel that the very concept and purpose of a locale like the Captain's table has been hijacked - better - by Drozana station.

Heck, come to think of it, one thing I'd actually like to see in the game is more importance given to secondary starbases like Starbase 114 (Celes system), Starbase 24 (so we can give a damn about defending it) and Starbase Sierra-39. I also think the default Transwarp power should lead us to the nearest starbase and not Earth Space Dock - that way, while we're operating in a certain region of space the nearest starbase becomes our most important Port o' Call rather than always returning to ESD everytime (i.e.: While doing missions in the Regulus sector, Starbase 114 in the Celes sector would be able to functionally support the player)and the Transwarp power would lead there by default).

While I'm on a roll, one placeable that would be nice is a Transwarp gate in the locales where player ships can transwarp to. For example, player ships arriving to Sol via transwarp wouldn't arrive at the default location, but rather at a Transwarp Gate placeable much like the one shown in Battle Group Omega.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Unless there is a legal block to doing so I think it would be really cool to actually have famous historic Star Trek characters in it. Not just the people from past missions but Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer. If that really is the premise of the books then you should embrace it. Till that happens it's just a limited base where you are almost assured not to be spammed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
For story sanity get rid of the stupid anomaly over Earth an Qo'Nos. This was, to quote a wise nerd: Worst. Idea. Ever.
This.

I don't care what else is done with the Captain's Table, though the ideas in this thread are certainly good. Whatever else you do, though... GET RID OF THE STUPID, STUPID ANOMALY.

It's a frigging eyesore outside of ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Tranya.
11-04-2010, 04:10 PM
A Tranya dispenser. As you may or may not know, Tranya is much like your orange juice.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
The biggest problem with the Captain's Table is that it not only doesn't offer any functionality that ESD doesn't, it actually offers LESS. There are things you have to go to ESD to do anyway, so what the hell is the point of the Captain's Table? I'll just go to ESD knowing I can accomplish everything I want, including buying equipment such as regenerators and ship repairs.