Lt. Commander
# 51
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
1.- Ship repairs and captain/bo heals and vendors for the repair/healing items. Im talking about the difficulty/injury system here.
2.- Large stimpacks and shield recharge.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
I'd like to see the entrance moved. Either (a) put an Aenigma Nebula at Sol, SB39, K7, DS9, Ganalda, etc., (b) move the Aenigma to Sector Space, or perhaps best of all, (c) put it in the drop-down menu next to "Visit the Bridge." I can guarantee you that making it instantly accessible from any non-combat map would make it very desirable...though perhaps even at the expense of the other, tougher to reach social zones.

Right now though, it's simply too much effort to zone into Sol System, then turn my ship around to access the Nebula when I could just punch Full Impulse and dock at ESD instead.
I just want to really second this idea. This would be great.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
To expand on this
  1. More chair space to sit and RP
I'd love to see multiple decks. The space stations in this game are so huge, and yet they have about as much floor space as the Star Cruiser or Klingon Carrier C-Store bridges.

Instead of beaming directly into the welcome areas of stations, I'd love it if we would beam into a (smaller) instanced transporter room from where we can access a turbolift that would take us to the various decks. In the turbolift use dialogue, we could select the deck we liked and perhaps the instance of that deck we desire. Then, instead of a load screen, perhaps have the load happen in the background while we see the doors close and the little lights shimmer behind the frosted panels that indicate movement of the lift.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Um, a lot of people are asking for stuff that's already there...
(I guess it's just been *that* long since anybody visited!)

The Captain's table already has
-a food vendor
-a generic supplies vendor
-bank access
-mail access
-exchange access
-uniform tailor
-a "select your ship" station

My wish list:
-ship tailor (that and promotions are the only reasons I go to ESD, but I think lore demands that promotions stay put)
-dabo table (I'd even play, if you could use latinum for something that lasts)
-"transwarp" power access instead of the don't-think-about-it-that-much nebula

I also agree that giving each station some unique stuff would encourage their use; cosmetic stuff would be pretty neat, but - if you can script the items that grant it to disappear when you beam out even if they aren't used at the base - some free buff-giving consumables might get people excited. It could be like the Tribble one-replaces-another system and help give each station it's own flavor. ESD could be an XP boost, K7 could be damage, DS9 could get regen, Sierra damage resist and so on. Then people have a "home station" for the buff that suits their playstyle and things are still kinda balanced. (I don't know how you'd do something like that for KDF, maybe they're all on the homeworld and that's why we love it so much?)
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I think what some are forgetting is the origianal point to the Cpt Table was for Lifetime members only.

Yes, it's lacking in what you can do there and it should have been a one-stop-shop. You should be able to do/get anything you can from ESD, K-7, and the battlegroup including respecs, BO training, exchange Badges/marks/emblems.

But it was still suppose to be a lifetime member perk, someplace lifers can go that nobody else could. And if it had all of the above it would have been great.

The only reason everyone is even able to get there now is because people complained that only lifers could go there.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
High-end EC based rare item vendor? I mean reallly high-end EC based vendor. Mind you, with a noticable price tag as well, though.

Perhaps also some rare items that can be found no-where else, as well, including some things you can only get with latinum? (Unique latinum merchant, perhaps could sell BO's of types that you can't get any other way (Caitians, Feddie Gorn, Klink kitties/Andorians/Etc), that are bound upon purchase to prevent schenanigans?

Basically, make it someplace where you want to go, if for no other reason than to browse.

Hmm, maybe add more access points as well, hidden away on the various social maps, leading to areas of it that are more interesting?

OH! maybe a testing holodeck, where you can investigate builds for ground/space? (No XP, but... heh... hehehe.)

I mean, this place is for the hyper-dedicated, the ones who simply don't ever stop, or who bought this game for life. They should be ~Reaaaaallly~ rewarded for their time/patience/money.
Lt. Commander
# 57
How about the Captain's Table being the ONLY place from which you can access the new FORGE coming in Season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mornmist View Post
I'm dissapointed that Stipe's post is not in character again.
To: Starfleet Command routed to Admiral Stormshade

In regards to your recent request regarding singular changes to that most suprising entity known as The Captains Table I have some ideas. I have visited there once or twice after receiving my inivitation. I find it to be quite nice. However, as my usual reason for visitng Earth or any Starbase for that matter is business I get their quite infrequently.

If you could coordinate with the Barkeep on some of my thougths myself and my fellow Captains both of the Federation and Klingon Empire would appreciate it. Recreation is always an important activity for any captain to continue to function at peak efficiency. I would suggest the addition of a Dabo table and perhaps even the addition of a Poker room. I can imagine playing Poker with a Klingon General to be quite the amusing experience.

State of the art communication and long range transporters could be added to allow the free exchange of ideas, personl mail, and the transfer of goods. I believe both the Klingon and Federation would benefit if Captains could arrange to have their ships repaired or remodulated while at the station. While this would not be carried out on site the ship could be transported to the nearest dry dock facility and then returned after modivications are complete.

Last several of my collegues are relayed to me that would like to see some sort of tailor present as well. While I find the need for this entertaining they seem quite serious and I am respectfully relaying thier requests. A holodeck has also been requested. This could serve both leisure and business activities. The pleasure componet is obvious. The business componet is innovative. Since both the Klingon Empire and the Federation continue to advance Starship design and capabilities, it would seem reasonable to have some sort of training ground to try these vessels out before we fly them into actual combat and get our crews killed becasue we had not fully realized the capabilities of these new ships.

I fear I have aksed to much Admiral Stormshade so please forgive me I simply wish to encourage my fellow Captains to visit this interesting facility but in this time of war business and pleasure must be mixed.

Vice Admiral Jonathon Stipe
Lt. Commander
The fact that it is linked to different time periods. Have a few quests given there that deal either with time travel or take advantage of the fact that this area is unique in being linked to both past and future (not counting the Guardian). Maybe give us a bridge officer from the past or future as the reward for finishing the quest(s). Maybe have the Table as a plot device in a featured episode series; this would let non-lifetimers come just for that quest line and see what's there.

Lots of other good ideas here, especially giving us a transwarp conduit to it directly and letting people get there from many areas instead of just one next to earth. Move the nebula outside earth as well.

I pretty much take it as a given that along with dabo the Table should get any new mini-games like poker that come around in the future. I also love the idea of the high roller dabo table.

It seems to me that giving something special there would be an incentive to get people to buy a lifetime or continue their existing subscription to the 400 day mark.

The biggest thing that is maybe hardest to get is the likeness or one or more Trek Captains to appear there since they are in the past but so is the Table.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I dont see anything in this thread that would make me want to ever go there again

yes just blow it up allready.