Lt. Commander
# 71
11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
-place to exchange Marks of Honor, Emblems, Valor...
-vender that sells rare items and not the standard green items.
-Transporter pad that allows you to "beam" from captains table to k7, ds9, memory alpha...
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
Here's a short list of what should be there. (Some may already exist, but... )
  1. Uniform Tailor
  2. Ship Changer
  3. Ship Designer
  4. Emblem Merchant
  5. Respec Merchant
  6. Exploration Token Merchants
  7. Dabo Table
  8. PvP Token Merchants
  9. Exchange
  10. Fleet Bank
  11. Mail
  12. Library Computer (Ship Spec's and such)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but that would be a great start. I'd still like to have a Transwarp directly there though.

They could put all that there and I would still choose ESD over it for one reason. I zone in, I'm right next to ESD for docking and beam down in seconds. I'm not flying to the anomaly, loading into it, and then beaming down. It's way to much loading and too much time wasted.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Transwarp Nexus to different areas in the game. Places not available via Diplomacy or the Excelsior.

I'd like to think that something of this nature would worth the value of a Lifetime Sub or 300 Day Veteran Award.

More games. 3 Level Chess, Poker (For Latinum), Kal To, license some real modern day board games and make virtual versions of those. Just give us more social fun stuff to do together, casual minigames are an awesome tool for that.

A single room with an Uber Store. Having to go all over the place to spend different currency is annoying.
A rep for all those stores should be there. A room for crafting too.
Lt. Commander
# 74 Some good ideas here!
11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
One good way to get people to go would be to have a side-part of a mission that requires us to go there to talk to an NPC. For example, this next upcoming mission seems like it takes place in the past; this seems like a perfect opportunity to utilize the Captains Table and it's lore.
Lt. Commander
# 75
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
I dont see anything in this thread that would make me want to ever go there again

yes just blow it up allready.
Yeah? You wouldn't want to be able to visit Vic Fontaine's night club or visit New Haven on the holodeck?

I would.

Lt. Commander
# 76
11-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
The ability to enter it FROM SECTOR SPACE. The single largest reason why I never touch it is because it takes too much time to get there. I have to go into system space, then into another system, then I have to fly to the station much farther than I would have to fly to reach Starbase 01. It just isn't worth all the extra time spent as there is nothing unique there other than decorative NPCs.
Lt. Commander
# 77
11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
I like this idea.

Random or cyclical themes to the entire station. Instead of being relegated to a holochamber somewhere. Monday is 20s-era decor, Tuesday something else, etc.

Honestly, I'm hesitant about recommending making it a "one stop shop." People should go there because they want to go there, not because it's efficient.

I'd be more willing to say to make it a neat place that people want to go, without any real benefit to going there. As it is now, well, it's got a nice view I guess.
The reason I recommended Vic Fontaine's night club and New Haven is that these were both holodeck programs that were run on a continual basis in their respective shows and it would be much easier for the devs to create a single (or two) holographic environment(s) than to have it change all the time.

That plus just for the canon koolness of having them both in-game.

Lt. Commander
# 78
11-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
1) Respec trainers for player and bo's
2) Ship buyers/Select ship
3) A holodeck (just playing an old style disco)
In addition I wouldn't mind seeing some captain or higher level vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 79
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
The Transwarp to the Captains Table is awesomeidea. I really don't like having to Trans to ESD warp the the table then dock, should be a one time I want to go here thing. Alot of this things in the list are already there, Mail, Exchange, Ship Tailor/Tailor and such. Now onto a few things I'd like to see:

1. BO skill trainer, Respec trainer, Emblem Vendor(pretty please)

2. I remember reading from the greater that Kirk and other famous captains might show up from time to time? when is this going into effect?

3. A transwarp HUB that can take us to whereever we want to go i.e Deferi Area, Gamma Orinus, maybe even the territory battles area, or better yet a transwarp that takes us directly TO the weekly episodes area.

4. PvP queue ups (either for the current maps or the ones to come)

5. A way to switch alts without having to log all the way out (pretty please)
Lt. Commander
# 80
11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBlue918 View Post
5. A way to switch alts without having to log all the way out (pretty please)
Your number 5 is never going to hapen, Betty. Sorry, but Cryptic makes all of their games like this for a reason.