Lt. Commander
# 81
11-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Black_Man
I see your "Neelix" and raise you "Tuvix".
nahh Tuvix was only around for one episode
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Your number 5 is never going to hapen, Betty. Sorry, but Cryptic makes all of their games like this for a reason.

LOL! thats pretty bad, to bad that my wife actually plays MMO's though
Lt. Commander
# 83
11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
How about a more accurate or interesting way of accessing it? The books had you access it by going into random doors, not sparkly anomalies/nebulas that're conspiciously all the way back in your home system, right where your main base and most of your options are.

A door in your bridge/ship interiors, maybe?

Similarly, how about using said random door-ness as a shortcut to spawn in other sectors besides just your home system?
Lt. Commander
# 84
11-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
i said this in another thread yesterday

more vendors, selling everything available throughout the star trek world in the one convenient location, at a 25% discount from other stores.

this will encourage lifetime and veteran players to utilize the area and would be a nice recognition / thankyou by cryptic towards its long term player base.

and we'll need a holodeck for the new foundry content as well.
Lt. Commander
# 85
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Poker.

And that Klingon game (I forget the name right off hand, but there is a thread on it somewhere.)

I'd also like to see NPCs where we can repair ships and heal crew members (until that get put into ship functionality. hint, hint. )

A Holodeck or suite of Holodecks would be a nifty idea when the Foundry comes out. We can access UGC from there.

Maybe even a dueling arena, or special FvK ground PvP map that is only available through the Table.

Or a series of missions that chronicle some of the stories told by famous captains at the Table. They could take place in their respective time periods.

After all wasn't the original concept of the Captain's Table series? Telling stories?

But mainly Poker.

Because Dabo is lame.

Lt. Commander
# 86
11-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Don't allow the captains table to be entered from everywhere, thats ridiculous.
But that's CANON - the Captain's Table books are all about it appearing everywhere through some kind of mysteriousness.
Lt. Commander
Hey all, just read through the first 4 pages, but I doubt many of these ideas were brought up (all though now I've said that I should probably check)...

You know how the station is in a crazy nebula that gives it a crazy story (that I can't quite remember because I haven't visited the place for so long) that involves something to do with time? Right? LoL

Ok anyway here are my ideas to get more traffic coming through the Captains Table.

Random IDEAS in random order (Influenced by in game experience, trek episodes, and the new Triolic Pattern Enhancer device):

Allow CRAZY things to happen at the station (the Captains Table),here are all the examples I can think of below.
  • Allow random critters to randomly spawn within the station interior.

• Non-combat:

• Tribbles (which you can have a great game of football / soccer with).
      • All the different types of pets that are available to purchase via the C-Store.

• Combat:

• Adult Sehlats.
      • Adult Targs.
      • Jackal Mastiffs.
      • Spiders.
      • TOS Humans.
      • TOS Klingons.
      • TOS Romulans.
      • Devidians.
      • Anything else that you think is appropriate to be randomly spawned within the station.

• Allow random critters to randomly spawn within the space outside of the station.

• Non-combat:

• Random ships from various different time periods.

• Combat:

• Random ships from various different time periods.

• Allow NPC's to randomly change location.

• Allow Anomalies (that can be scanned) to randomly spawn in random locations both within the Captains Table interior and within the space outside.

• Allow visible VFX anomalies to randomly spawn (which look like the anomaly that you enter to get to the Captains Table, but smaller if in the station), that when entered, the player zones to any one of the maps in game, which is randomly selected, and if a player steps through one of these anomalies, they must then contact Starfleet to relay a message to their ship for retrieval (which will activate within say a minute), then you end up in orbit.

• Periodically update the dialogue of NPC's at the Captains Table with both new information about the game and trivial information that is funny.

• Interactive Social Mini games (nearly every player loves the idea of mini games).

• Using "The Foundry (beta)" players can add random missions that involve the Captains table (Lifer / Vet only missions).

• Allow for random ships from different time periods to be seen when looking outside of the stations windows.

• Use the tech that allows players to sit in chairs at a click of a button.

That's all I can come up with at present.
Lt. Commander
# 88
11-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link8909 View Post
Ok, this is something that could be changed when Cryptic update ESD and Qo'noS, and thatís the entrance,

Instead of a distortion that you "warp" to and then beam down to a station, is just a wooden door with a pub sign above it saying "The Captainís Table" down an ally way or a junction in a corridor, cut out the space part of getting there (but you can keep the big window looking out into space though), it doesnít have to be an animated door (no moving or sliding) just like the other doors in game that you click on like Quarks Bar of Quinnís Office, and perhaps the door to the Captainís Table can appear on other planets at random times.

It won't make the table functional but perhaps it will give it a bit more emersion.
I agree with this, but for more functionality, It should be accessible through our ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 89 If forgot to add...
11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
A great big NO to allowing Lifers and Veterans instant travel to the Captains Table, we want ideas that make the Captains Table more appealing, not an idea that breaks the known physical laws of space travel, as well as giving Lifers and Veterans a huge added benefit over any other player.

P.S. I have no problem with the entrance to the Captains Table being moved to a different location, you know, somewhere other than in the Sol System and the Qonos System.
Lt. Commander
# 90
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
A great big NO to allowing Lifers and Veterans instant travel to the Captains Table, we want ideas that make the Captains Table more appealing, not an idea that breaks the known physical laws of space travel, as well as giving Lifers and Veterans a huge added benefit over any other player.

P.S. I have no problem with the entrance to the Captains Table being moved to a different location, you know, somewhere other than in the Sol System and the Qonos System.
Well, there goes warp drive.