Lt. Commander
I was thinking about the fact that people said no one goes to the Captain's Table, which is true. That's because, honestly, you have to go to Sol (as Fed for example) then zone through the portal then fly and dock. It takes too long than to just fly and dock as ESD.

So I have a couple suggestions to make it more of an easy place to get to.

1) Include a Trans-Warp to the Captain's Table (Like you get for ESD etc)

2) When you approach Sol give the option to go to the ESD area OR to the Captain's Table area. (Or you could move the portal to outside of Sol and put it in sector space nearby)

3) Also make sure it has all the amenities that ESD has. (I think it's missing some)

The nice thing about the Captain's Table (besides how cool it looks) is that it's smaller than ESD so you don't have to run around so much.

I know if these options were in place I'd go there more often.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I would actually prefer there to be a link to every social area. Instead of taking the long way from Sol to DS9, you could just enter the Captain's Table from the Sol system and enter a dimensional rift that takes you to DS9. It is already linked to Qo'nos and Sol so it is not too much of a stretch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Thats a realy great suggestion - I support this. I've only visited the Captaisn Table once to look around. There is no incentive to go back there; It takes too long, and there is in fact less to access than ESD. In addition to Trans-warp to it, and amenities, it would also be nice to be able to exit from it to any station.

Perhaps an added lifetime membership bonus could be being able to access the Uniform & Ship taylor and make a change with no cost. It's not much, and doesn't provide any play advantage, but it may attract more players there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
/signageandstuff
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I haven't read a Captains Table book in a while, but I believe the entry to the "realm" where the bar exists was always linked through a magic door, right?

Not a nebula thing in space? Maybe have a magic door in your ship interior, and on ESD/DS9/K7 etc etc....

or something really cool, the Captain Table device opens like a holodeck door/arch wherever you are and you can walk through.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-03-2010, 11:03 PM
i was going to make a thread regarding this matter, of increasing the use for the captains table and rewards for lifetime subscribers (and over 400 days veterans)

my suggestion would be.......to increase the amount of store vendors at the captains table, so that any item that is purchasable throughout the star trek world is available for purchase at one convenient location, and, that a 25% discount applies to all of the items.

i feel this would increase utilization of the captains table and would be a nice recognition by cryptic towards the contribution that long term players/lifers have made towards the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I haven't read a Captains Table book in a while, but I believe the entry to the "realm" where the bar exists was always linked through a magic door, right?

Not a nebula thing in space? Maybe have a magic door in your ship interior, and on ESD/DS9/K7 etc etc....

or something really cool, the Captain Table device opens like a holodeck door/arch wherever you are and you can walk through.
Yeah, people always got to the Captain's Table through a mysterious door that kind of appeared out of nowhere. There was no exterior or anything, only the bar inside (and bathrooms with magic sinks) and the door that lead back to the place where you entered.

I know the devs put a lot of work into making the Captain's Table space station, but...well, I'd prefer the method of entry from the books. No spacial anomaly, no space station flying at warp speed. Just a door on ESD/SB-39/DS9/K-7/Drozona/Qo'nos/Ganalda that leads into the Captain's Table and vice-versa.

More functionality would also be great. Some crafting tables, a few normal vendors, and places where you can spend badges, marks, etc. would all make the Captain's Table a more appealing place to come and spend some time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Just make it a part of ESD equipped with holo emitters. Our Captains just go to the holodeck and the holodeck ties into the ESD area, bringing everyone virtually to each other, no matter where their ship is.

There's precedence for this already; the holo-communication pads that showed up in the DS9 episode "For the Uniform". That, scaled up to the holodeck, incorporated into long-range communication... voila.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Well it's good to see I'm not the only one. Maybe a dev can look into these ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Anything to make it easier, more fun, and more social would be great. Why not have events there too?