Lt. Commander
# 1 Try this macro
11-05-2010, 01:38 AM
/bind space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

It binds distribute shields to your 'fire all energy weapons' button. Every time you fire your weapons (usually with spacebar) it will automatically distribute your shields so you don't have to do it manually. I've found it makes it that much easier for me in heated battle just in case I get distracted and neglect my shield facings.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2010, 03:45 AM
I have distribute shields on 0,weps on 1 but its not a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3 weird keybind problem
11-05-2010, 03:53 AM
i have a tried to implement this bind, and also substituted the FirePhasers with FireAll but in both cases i no longer fire phasers when using space key (single and multiple times). I worked around it by adding weaponslots by trays, but I'm curious if someone else had this problem.

Other then that the principal works extremely well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-05-2010, 04:21 AM
I had distribute shields bound to my '~' key for a long time before I started using this macro. I still press it out of habit, but the macro is still useful. Just thought I'd share it. It's more of a backup in case I'm not watching my shields.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Interesting, and thank you BobTheYak. Now I wonder what the command line is for "Fire All Weapons" on the power tray UI is? That's the fire command my lazy arse tends to use the most.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Interesting, and thank you BobTheYak. Now I wonder what the command line is for "Fire All Weapons" on the power tray UI is? That's the fire command my lazy arse tends to use the most.
I got this from other people but I'll check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I got this from other people but I'll check it out.
No worries I will check the macro list when I get home from work. You just got me thinking is all, and that is a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Since we're sharing, here's my contribution:

I have my "balance shields" tied to the "q" key (it's reasonably close to the WASD array I use for directional input).; Additionally, on my Nebula I tied EptS1 and EptS2 to the same key. This way I have 100% uptime for the shields resist and can't possibly forget about it (happened many times in the past...just after I blow up, I went "ack, I had an EptS available!").

Had a similar setup on the RSV, but it was with Balance Shields, EptS1 and TSS2 tied to the Q key - I don't recommend it because it makes you use TSS2 when you don't really need it - took me a while to realize!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-05-2010, 05:11 AM
I have distribute shields bound to my space bar, as well as both copies of EPtS, Aux2Sif, and Aux2Damp.

As long as I'm mashing it, I should be firing those as often as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-05-2010, 05:23 AM
I traditionally don't use macros for anything with a cooldown, but I like this one because it's simple and doesn't mess up my rhythm.