Lt. Commander
# 11
11-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Way I see it this bind takes something with near no cooldown and puts it where it will get used often enough to make regens like Sci Team more viable. It could throw me a bit off balance, (I'm a cannon freak and spamming forward shields is my gig man), but I plan to try it anyways. Stroke of brilliance Bob and those other people who shared it with you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Yeah I can't take any credit. I've actually been using it for awhile but it only recently occurred to me that I should probably post it on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
i have a tried to implement this bind, and also substituted the FirePhasers with FireAll but in both cases i no longer fire phasers when using space key (single and multiple times). I worked around it by adding weaponslots by trays, but I'm curious if someone else had this problem.

Other then that the principal works extremely well.
Copy and paste what was posted but delete and reinsert the quotation marks. That should fix it. For some reason they're different when you copy and paste from a browser than when you type it in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Interesting, and thank you BobTheYak. Now I wonder what the command line is for "Fire All Weapons" on the power tray UI is? That's the fire command my lazy arse tends to use the most.
When you go to key binds under options, hover your mouse over Fire all weapons and it should tell you what the HUD command is.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Interesting, and thank you BobTheYak. Now I wonder what the command line is for "Fire All Weapons" on the power tray UI is? That's the fire command my lazy arse tends to use the most.

/bind space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

does this for you.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-05-2010, 07:07 AM
G19 auto repeating macro's FTW !
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilito View Post
/bind space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

does this for you.
Thank you evilito I saved it to note pad and will try it when I fire up the game in just a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-05-2010, 08:27 AM
I have the distribute shield button being spammed by my G15.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I have the distribute shield button being spammed by my G15.
I have distribute shields set to my 1 key.
I also have a small macro that targets myself and distributes my shields set to my ` key.

Asides from that macro I only have 1 other macro (and its one that puts a phrase in zone chat )
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
I think I still have this macro in-game, I don't use it very often though, since I don't click the space bar as often these days.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I already use SHields all + Fire all + cycle through my 3 primary repeatable attack buffs (crf/thy/TI) with a similiar keybind. As well I have keybinds to escape using evm+Eng batt+ shields all+ hull heals and a keybind for heals both shield and hull, plus one keybind that cysles through all my buffs for alphaset up.

FIRE ALL : GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireAll