Lt. Commander
Hey, I'd just like to point out how frustrated I became with the sub-mission, "Rescue Deferi Captives".

I got into the mission, went through the options, and I really liked the very Star Trek creative idea of overloading their sensors and trying to beam them out. But after analyzing the risks, I wanted to see what else I might be able to do. When I realized that I really wanted to try that overload anyway, I found it was no longer an option.

Now seriously, why is it that after I've progressed further into a conversation, my ship and crew suddenly can't do the things they were just seconds ago discussing the logistics of?

I want to be able to look at all my options (at least in this particular scenario) and make a decision. Instead, I heard about the option, went too far and ended up having it taken away from me, which left me with Provoking the Breen or leaving. I provoked them, but then decided to drop out of the mission so I could do it the way I wanted to, warped out and tried again. Except now the Breen just attack without even getting into conversation.

So now I've dropped the mission completely and have to wait 20 hours before I can finally try overloading their sensors and beaming out the captives.

So in short, give me the option to go back and try any of the alternatives previously discussed. A Starfleet Captain doesn't suddenly lose his ability to do something because he tried a different avenue of persuasion. If that were the case, most TNG episodes would have ended rather quickly, with Captain Picard being forced into options he otherwise wouldn't have pursued.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2010, 07:02 AM
I haven't tried it yet today but removing that option has not been listed in any of the patch notes and it worked fine for me on Wednesday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I haven't tried it yet today but removing that option has not been listed in any of the patch notes and it worked fine for me on Wednesday.
I'm not saying you can't do it anymore at all, but rather, if you're in the mission, and you come across the option, but decide to talk a little longer and see what other options there are, you cannot go back and execute the deflector field option unless you do the mission all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-06-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
I'm not saying you can't do it anymore at all, but rather, if you're in the mission, and you come across the option, but decide to talk a little longer and see what other options there are, you cannot go back and execute the deflector field option unless you do the mission all over again.
You can restart the dialogue. If you have a problem and for some reason don't take the choice offered to you. Just hit escape to close the dialogue window.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-06-2010, 12:47 AM
that's why this is offered as a daily mission, you could potentially try different solutions each day
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Quote:
You can restart the dialogue. If you have a problem and for some reason don't take the choice offered to you. Just hit escape to close the dialogue window.
Thanks for that.
Quote:
that's why this is offered as a daily mission, you could potentially try different solutions each day
While that's nice, it still doesn't change the fact that an option should not suddenly be taken away from a Captain because he tried to find other options. I should be able to figure out all my options and then decide which one I want to choose. It's silly that my Bridge Officer should be giving me this option, and then later on down the line, I can't go and tell them "Allright, let's do it."