Lt. Commander
# 1 More room for Biographies?
11-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Current limit is 2000 characters (including spaces). Sadly I didn't realise this when updating my bio and found I couldn't fit my 6300 odd bio in . I'm not an RP freak but I would just like to give my characters a proper background and would hope increasing the limit for biographies would be a very simple and easy thing for Cryptic to do (at some point, no need to hold everything else :p). Until then I'll have to figure out an alternative.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I think it's okay to have a limit for in-game biographies. If a text is too long, people likely won't bother stopping to read it, thus making it a moot point. I would like an option to upload a (longer) biography to the website, however.

As a temporary solution, here's two advice:
- shorten your in-game biography to bullet points ("file" type, how it'd be displayed in the real records)
- create a full profile on some external site (perhaps a wiki such as STOgeek?) and link it in your in-game bios and/or your forum signature
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
2000 should be sufficient, I don't need to know what your toon did in band camp that one summer when 12 yrs old...