Lt. Commander
# 21 Stimulator
11-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I am still having problems with this. Can someone send me what the settings are?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I did one of my other toons today and had a team mate who couldn't accept the mission. We went through every part of it without a hitch. Upon beaming out I had a suprise waiting for me. I got to do the mission over again. And then again and again. That's when i noticed the name change of the mission.

Good one Cryptic. I loved the name change.

I'll not spoil it for those who haven't seen what it is yet.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Everything Old Is New Again
11-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Another winner!

True, it wasn't the fantasticalness that was "What Lies Beneath," but I enjoyed it just as much for an entirely different set of reasons: ** ((SPOILERS AHEAD)) **
  • The TOS settings were spot-on, and just so much fun to run around in!
  • Working with a legend like Dr. McCoy was just wonderful, and the dialogue was totally him.
  • The puzzles were relatively easy, but still fun.
  • The options to avoid combat were a welcome change.

For anyone having trouble with the cortical stimulator puzzle, I believe the correct choices were:
  1. -70mV
  2. +30mV
  3. sodium exterior, potassium interior & exterior.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Door problems
11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
I had some issues with the big red security doors in the first section while playing last night. They would animate as though they were opening, but they would also appear to still be closed. I could pass through them but there was a movement delay.

I did love the 23rd century sets though. It would be neat to be able to get the old Constitution bridge sets for your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I too loved this mission. I think these weekly episodes are one of the best things you guys have done with the game yet. I loved seeing more of the 23rd century. I can't wait to either get my hands on more period weapons/ships or see more episodes like this one. Great job!
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Add my name to the list of those who enjoyed the option of picking a Diplomatic choice over an Attack. My favorite part had to be that cute little Science ensign and we had to put her under, hehe. Click Knock Out Ensign >> *thud* >> "sorry sweetheart I really need to borrow that component" :p

I also liked the part where we had to examine the patients, find out the settings for the cortical stimulator. I'm trying to study college-level human anatomy and it's very dense material to have to wade through. AFAIK it's pretty accurate, props to Cryptic's scientific consultant. (If anyone can screenshot or post all the Findings from the dialogues up here, I'd love that!)

Good job on creating this mission, dstahl please give your programmers a raise
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Hate the mission, hate puzzles.

I can't even get out of the opening section.

No more puzzles.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathruin
Hate the mission, hate puzzles.

I can't even get out of the opening section.

No more puzzles.
Seriously? it takes all of two clicks at two consoles to beat that puzzle...Hit the one on the second level catwalk and the one at the backside of the room and your done, and the next puzzle follows common-sense procedure for techs working on computer hardware interestingly enough, the medical one isn't really even a puzzle you just pick out the numbers and settings they give in dialog and spit them back out to calibrate a cortical stimulator none of them took more than 5 minutes and i SUCK at most puzzles....i'd have taken ages to get the spin the wheel replicator puzzle if not for my fleet mates....they've done a pretty good job on the puzzles mostly, 'sides this maybe an MMO but it's still an RPG and puzzles are a big part of most of those so i doubt they're ever gonna go away.

Zekren
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Run around like a rat in a maze, click this, click that, unclick this, click that...

Maybe for the next mission they can make a big rubiks cube and make you put all the colors on one side.

No more puzzles please.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryxx View Post
For anyone having trouble with the cortical stimulator puzzle, I believe the correct choices were:
  1. -70mV
  2. +30mV
  3. sodium exterior, potassium interior & exterior.
Tried this several times. McCoy just says "Lets try it." then just stands there. Any one else had problems?