Lt. Commander
# 31
11-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No, Ker'rat does not have to go. I have fun in there without spawn camping or log-hopping or whatever.

Just because a zone invites "dishonorable" players doesn't mean the zone has to go. That's stupid. If you hate what's going on there, don't go there. That's almost the same as the zone being removed, but with the benefit of other people still being able to use it.

They can, if they feel like it, change the Dailies to no longer include Ker'rat. Fine with me. Then no one has to feel forced to go there to get his Emblems.

You can't force people to behave "honorful". If you remove the choice of being honorful and dishonrable (by what ever standards you set), then honor has no meaning. You can't be anything else anyway.

The "dishonorable" spawn gankers and log-hoppers can revel in their fantasies of might and the frustration they might cause to others, while the honorable people can revel in their fantasy of being a better person because they don't do stuff like that.
Just add a "no-fight" spawnzone, say 10k to each side of the spawn.. Problem solved.

Could be done by adding a satelite with ability/weapon AOE dampeners, or just make everyone neutral within the zone.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad.Astra
Life isn't fair. I guess it carries over to STO.
Shhh don't give away this kind of info -- people can stop qq'ing if they understand this...

HOW WILL I POWER MY WARPDRIVE WITHOUT TEARS!!!!

My my, Star Trek is serious business lol!
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Just add a "no-fight" spawnzone, say 10k to each side of the spawn.. Problem solved.

Could be done by adding a satelite with ability/weapon AOE dampeners, or just make everyone neutral within the zone.
Or something like that.

Having two different spawn points for the different factions - and them possibly being defended by NPC turrets (or maybe a Jupiter Dreadnought and a Vo'Quv Carrier?) - could be all that this zone needs.

The problem is not the lack of ideas, the problem is the lack of implementation. The Devs take forever to change any of this stuff, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Its a PvP zone.

I expect to fight other players while trying to accomplish the objective.

That is the point.
Indeed that is the whole point... an open PvP zone with an objective is why I like Ker'rat so much, and why I like Cap and Hold more than Arena (an objective beyond just pew pew)... it is certain players I can live without
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
But I'll be brutally honest, Ker'rat has got to go. It's become such a lame zone on so many levels. First, the zone is always bugged with somekind of problem. Second, those damn gold farmers and their use of exploits. Third, dishonorable acts.
I have to disagree that Ker'rat needs to go.

1. Yes the bugs need to get fixed. It is outrageous that our one and only open PvP zone still has bugs that were first reported in OPEN BETA for Cthuhlu's sake!

2. What you see as 'Annoying Gold Farmers' I see as 'Delightful Targets'.

3. Yes, I deplore spawn camping and all dishonourable behaviour of that ilk but this can be mitigated with simple and obvious technical fixes (a 5 second total immunity to everything upon spawning that cancels the moment an offensive skill of any sort is used by the spawner)

Quote:
People may laugh at me for saying this, but I find it really lame and dishonorable for players to take advantage of players being engaged in PvE for an easy kill. It just lowers the bar of PvPers and ruins it for everyone.
No, that is the ENTIRE point of Ker'rat: it is a three way war of PvPvE.

STO is a TEAM GAME and my mission Fed side in the Defiant-R is always providing 'top cover' for other Fed players scanning nodes... a Klingon uncloaks to ambush them when they get Borg Aggro... whereupon I uncloak to ambush them (and yes, I have repented my early misgivings about the Fed side cloak).

When Klingon side and flying in a BoP or Raptor, I do the same role for carriers or cruisers who are doing the scanning... i.e. I am watching to counter-ambush Defiant-R muggers :p

The technical term for this is not 'dishonourable'... it is 'exciting team play in a dynamic environment'
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The problem is not the lack of ideas, the problem is the lack of implementation. The Devs take forever to change any of this stuff, unfortunately.
QFT Our one and only PvPvE zone deserves better. Ker'rat is so full of unrealised potential. Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
QFT Our one and only PvPvE zone deserves better. Ker'rat is so full of unrealised potential. Sigh.
Another thing they could improve is the way the zone rewards. You mention "teamwork" as important in this game. What I don't like is that the guy that selfishly scanned everything and kill-stole all nodes will get the best reward. I think there must be a way to reward people that team up and work together to get the scans and the nodes (and hold off the other faction). That would be cool.

It's the same problem that plagues Fleet Actions, really. Captain Kirks are rewarded. It's not that the "lazy" get something (they don't, getting enough scans and enough destroyed nodes alone isn't always easy), but it's that what would be optimal play to succeed at the task is not the optimal way to get the rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 38 Kerrat is fun
11-08-2010, 05:39 AM
So far Ker'rat has been a lot of fun and I hope it will not be changed.
If you cannot stand the heat stay out of kitchen. There are plenty of other ways to get emblems.

Last time I killed players there, they started to spam local how cowardice it was. I never reply to this in zone
chat.
TO be honest I really hope we will get more "open PvP zones" like Ker'rat where one can play war game without "honorable" sportsmanship. War is nasty business.

Don't get me wrong arena is also fine but it is a whole different game there.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I have to disagree that Ker'rat needs to go.

1. Yes the bugs need to get fixed. It is outrageous that our one and only open PvP zone still has bugs that were first reported in OPEN BETA for Cthuhlu's sake!

God that grinds my gears. And I swear the Klingon only one (N'vak space warzone) hardly ever bugs, but Ker'rat is ALWAYS bugged to ****.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-08-2010, 05:59 AM
The only non q'd pvp is in ker'rat, period.My fleet fought against 8 skilled feds last night, for over an hour.at first there was 2 of us, getting ganked over & over, so we hopped on the fleet channel, & requested reinforcements.it shortly turned into a glorious free for all. & we faught side by side with RZR to reclaim Ker'rat. The feds gave us a run for our money, & as far as i'm concerned, THAT IS WHY I PAY MY $ to play this game. PVP. If you don't want to fight an opponent that thinks, & think flying in circles spaming the space bar is the end all be all of space combat, stick to your pve . Ker'rat is the biker bar of STO, If you come in ,your going to get in a fight. you might as well bring some friends & enjoy it.