Lt. Commander
# 41
11-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
The only non q'd pvp is in ker'rat, period.My fleet fought against 8 skilled feds last night, for over an hour.at first there was 2 of us, getting ganked over & over, so we hopped on the fleet channel, & requested reinforcements.it shortly turned into a glorious free for all. & we faught side by side with RZR to reclaim Ker'rat. The feds gave us a run for our money, & as far as i'm concerned, THAT IS WHY I PAY MY $ to play this game. PVP. If you don't want to fight an opponent that thinks, & think flying in circles spaming the space bar is the end all be all of space combat, stick to your pve . Ker'rat is the biker bar of STO, If you come in ,your going to get in a fight. you might as well bring some friends & enjoy it.
And that is cool.. The part I dislike is when multiple of the opposing faction (and yes, Ive seen both sides do it) sit at the spawn, killing people as they enter..

Since they actually do not go scan or destroy repair hulks, you cannot really claim theyre in the zone for that.

5 guys at the spawn, killing people over and over are taking advantage of/exploiting the system.. If they are not there to complete the mission, they (IMO) have no business in the area.. Now, if they actively went for the objectives, and fought their opponents along the way, I wouldnt have a problem with it (it *is* the intended function of the area after all).

In any case, its pretty obvious who is there for the mission/reward, and who is there to blow nubs up as they enter/spawn..
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
The only non q'd pvp is in ker'rat, period.My fleet fought against 8 skilled feds last night, for over an hour.at first there was 2 of us, getting ganked over & over, so we hopped on the fleet channel, & requested reinforcements.it shortly turned into a glorious free for all. & we faught side by side with RZR to reclaim Ker'rat. The feds gave us a run for our money, & as far as i'm concerned, THAT IS WHY I PAY MY $ to play this game. PVP. If you don't want to fight an opponent that thinks, & think flying in circles spaming the space bar is the end all be all of space combat, stick to your pve . Ker'rat is the biker bar of STO, If you come in ,your going to get in a fight. you might as well bring some friends & enjoy it.
Yeah I was there in my Defiant. All of what you say is true but it is also utterly unrelated to the topic of this thread, which is about people who exploit the game either by logging out to avoid getting killed in open combat (the lamest of the lame) or spawn camp (the scumiest of the scum).

I am all for glorious chaotic PvPvE fights in Ker'rat however.
Lt. Commander
# 43 on your disrespect...
11-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
If you can kill people whilst they are zoning in and have no control over their ship yet (1) how is that not an exploit? (2) what does that say about you? Are you just not good enough to kill people via team play or individual ability and this is how you compensate for your inadequacies?
The only inadequacy i see is the lack of a report-this-post button...

As It has been pointed out to me, there is a claus in the TOS about respecting other players.
That works both ways.

my feelings are hurt *boohoo*.... NURF EVERYTHING!!
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
The only inadequacy i see is the lack of a report-this-post button...

As It has been pointed out to me, there is a claus in the TOS about respecting other players.
That works both ways.

my feelings are hurt *boohoo*.... NURF EVERYTHING!!
Spawn camping is not respecting other players and you are incorrect if you think the TOS requires anyone to respect campers.
Lt. Commander
# 45 im tellin
11-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Spawn camping is not respecting other players and you are incorrect if you think the TOS requires anyone to respect campers.
it does, and you will.
IM TELLIN THE MODERATORS ON YOU!!!
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Quote:
it does, and you will.
IM TELLIN THE MODERATORS ON YOU!!!
On the back of my cruiser I put a small bumper sticker. Damn shame that you haven't seen it Zigz.

I <3 Zigz.

Either way, I agree with evilhippo. To paraphrase the GMs, Respect is the name of the game. Even though logging out is disrespectful, spawncamping is also disrespectful (and I'm sure some people will call me a scrub for it). As Ad.Astra said, stop spawncamping and they wouldn't deny you the thrill of the kill.

Kerret is a pvp warzone, first and foremost. Thats why the daily (lol) quest for it is a pvp quest. I can see the issue on both sides, and I don't like either of the "strategies" that people bring up.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM
The forums are a community communications center separate from the onling game Star Trek Online as evident by the labeling of this area the forum.

To further the argument, those not wishing to participate in Kerrat and/or other FvK type PvP are free to not join.

I find your argument amusing faithborn in that I know from first hand experience what a good Fed team can do about spawn camping in arena:
  • multi respawn
  • shield bats
  • moving away from your spawn point
  • starting the game by moving to klingon spawn point and camping them

Of course your arguments are amusing to me and:

xXx Faithborn oOo

I am down with the whole "victory over klingons via cryptic manipulation" thing so I will play along. together we can destroy STO!
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Indeed faithborn. You rarely verging on never players from the good PvP fleets doing stuff like that, which I think is very revealing.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Well you rarely verging on never players from the good PvP fleets doing stuff like that, which I think is very revealing.
Its ok hippo, knowlege comes with experience. In time you will gain a more realistic perspective on how the game actually is vs those driven by spot emotion conjured during overwhelming defeat.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Its ok hippo, knowlege comes with experience. In time you will gain a more realistic perspective on how the game actually is vs those driven by spot emotion conjured during overwhelming defeat.
Given my experiences the last few times I have run up against your fleet, I will have to wait to actually experience any defeat, let alone an overwhelming one, before I am qualified to have a view on that notion.