Lt. Commander
# 51
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
nice
not sure which group you are referring to.. we have 24 active members on every day... Anyways, if you met and defeated one of our test fleets, then I say:

Kudos to you sir and well done!

Otherwise, I think you are an ok fellow so I will not tell, however this respect that cryptic is enforcing on us I have a few words over... First, I like it because you in fact do have to respect me on the forums even tho you don't respect me IRL.

Second:

I think its crap. They can enforce that we act civil toward one another, but trying to enforce that I have a respectful opinion of someone else is some kind of mind bending tyrannical Orwellian crap.

RESPECT IS EARNED NOT DEMANDED.

Change the TOS to read civil and respectful behavior not respect the other player.
I have little respect for lazy whiners who try to change the game to make lazy OP. Those people will never have my respect and YOU cannot command me to change my opinion of them. You can command me to act civil toward them in public because its your public, but you do not own my mind.

Just as you do not respect me hippo, i do not respect you times three. but officially I <3 Hippo
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-08-2010, 11:20 AM
To get my respect all a person has to do it play well and not be someone who uses exploits or is a griefer. Agreeing with my opinions is not a pre-requisite. Hell, I respect as players several people I have on ignore... I am really not a difficult audience.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-08-2010, 11:28 AM
PvP forums are great for PvP. News at Eleven.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad.Astra
I'm guilty of this in Ker'rat. You guys do everything you can to tick us off, and think its something fantastic to jump us while we're getting pounded by Borg, so if I don't see a way out, I just log out, and come back.

I'm glad to see its working. I knew not giving you guys the satisfaction of the kill would **** you off about as much as your ganking with us.
It is an open pvp zone, and getting jumped while fighting is part of open pvp. If you can't deal with that then farm your emblems/marks elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Cryptic made me do it...
They give me bonuses and money to kill feddy...
I would do it for free but dont tell them that...

I am a Fed Tear Farmer. Thank you for your contribution.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
It is an open pvp zone, and getting jumped while fighting is part of open pvp. If you can't deal with that then farm your emblems/marks elsewhere.
Oh, I deal with it just fine by jamming sensors and running or logging out if I can't run in some instances. My goal in those situations is to not give satisfaction to my ganker.

When I'm in the mood for a fight, and its not 3vs1 like many situations in Ker'rat, I have a few good surprises. Klinks aren't used to aft mounted tri-cobalt torpedos. Fart Cloud so they can't turn, phaser burst to take out their forward shields, then tri torp...100HP to 20HP... oops. If they don't run/battle cloak I can hit evasive maneurvers to make a kill shot with my forward volley.

Puts a smile on my face every time. It sucks if my shields are down from borg or there's 3,4,5 of them together. Where's the challenge?

I enjoy spending time in Ker'rat goofing off or waiting for a que.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-08-2010, 12:29 PM
You know.. Supressing deployment is not a bad thing.

I've played in at least 1 other game that had this sort of activity.

City of Heroes/Villians Had zones like this. Only they had "Drones" or NPCs that would 1 shot vaporize you if you got too close to the Hero/villian base. That didn't stop Deployment Supression, just told us how far away from your safe zone we could keep you in your base.

The Log out before death is eaisly rectified if they decided to add in the "Your still logged in 15 seconds after log out" and I'm sure they will do this at some point. Either that, or they will change the maps or even how Open PVP is defined..
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No, Ker'rat does not have to go. I have fun in there without spawn camping or log-hopping or whatever.

Just because a zone invites "dishonorable" players doesn't mean the zone has to go. That's stupid. If you hate what's going on there, don't go there. That's almost the same as the zone being removed, but with the benefit of other people still being able to use it.

They can, if they feel like it, change the Dailies to no longer include Ker'rat. Fine with me. Then no one has to feel forced to go there to get his Emblems.

You can't force people to behave "honorful". If you remove the choice of being honorful and dishonrable (by what ever standards you set), then honor has no meaning. You can't be anything else anyway.

The "dishonorable" spawn gankers and log-hoppers can revel in their fantasies of might and the frustration they might cause to others, while the honorable people can revel in their fantasy of being a better person because they don't do stuff like that.
If they got rid of the Borg and making it a pure Open PvP zone, then I wouldn't have any trouble. whatsoever. But right now, it's a Trifecta of Trouble so it does need to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
I have to disagree that Ker'rat needs to go.

1. Yes the bugs need to get fixed. It is outrageous that our one and only open PvP zone still has bugs that were first reported in OPEN BETA for Cthuhlu's sake!

2. What you see as 'Annoying Gold Farmers' I see as 'Delightful Targets'.

3. Yes, I deplore spawn camping and all dishonourable behaviour of that ilk but this can be mitigated with simple and obvious technical fixes (a 5 second total immunity to everything upon spawning that cancels the moment an offensive skill of any sort is used by the spawner)

No, that is the ENTIRE point of Ker'rat: it is a three way war of PvPvE.

STO is a TEAM GAME and my mission Fed side in the Defiant-R is always providing 'top cover' for other Fed players scanning nodes... a Klingon uncloaks to ambush them when they get Borg Aggro... whereupon I uncloak to ambush them (and yes, I have repented my early misgivings about the Fed side cloak).

When Klingon side and flying in a BoP or Raptor, I do the same role for carriers or cruisers who are doing the scanning... i.e. I am watching to counter-ambush Defiant-R muggers :p

The technical term for this is not 'dishonourable'... it is 'exciting team play in a dynamic environment'
Yes, Ker'rat is meant to be competitive, but we both know there is no competition going on. You are just ending up justifying the means.

When there is Klingons in Ker'rat, they typically camp the zone in / respawn point, and then there are the ambushers who take advantage of Federation players when they are fighitng the Borg for easy kill. You rarely ever see them actually competing against the Federation players in winning Ker'rat, if they do its extremely rare. Ever STO launched, I honestly seen it only 3 or 4 times. The rest of the time Klingon players are just mooching off the Federation player's work in getting mission credit while they PvP freely.

Right now, Ker'rat is only keeping PvPers occupied until the real Open PvP zones are added. I wouldn't be surprised if Ker'rat ends up being a near graveyard of PvPers after that.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
You know.. Supressing deployment is not a bad thing.
Spawn camping some nub? Yeah it is a bad thing no matter what you call it.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
Spawn camping some nub? Yeah it is a bad thing no matter what you call it.
And what is it about supressing the enemy's deployment into an area bad? Because we're not letting you do the same thing to us? Because we're not letting you get the loot you want by completing the mission in Ker'rat?

Hmm...