Lt. Commander
Here's something I've wanted for a while. What about the physician's smock, as made famous by Beverly Crusher during TNG?

I think the main problem would be making a single overcoat that could be worn over most duty uniforms. I'm probably going to be told that tech needs to be built for it, and thus, resources would point to not likely soon... But just putting the idea out there.

Who else would dig the coat?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_Janson
Here's something I've wanted for a while. What about the physician's smock, as made famous by Beverly Crusher during TNG?

I think the main problem would be making a single overcoat that could be worn over most duty uniforms. I'm probably going to be told that tech needs to be built for it, and thus, resources would point to not likely soon... But just putting the idea out there.

Who else would dig the coat?
The issue that I see with the coat is that it will cover up the uniforms. But before you laugh and scream "THAT'S WHAT IT'S DESIGNED TO DO!! LOLUDUM" allow me to elaborate....

The coat is one solid color. Whereas the uniforms are an exotic mix of up to four colors with multiple patterns. Some players spend incredibly large amounts of time to get that uniform "just right," so covering all of that up with a solid-colored coat would be pointless.

Now, since nobody is required to have them for gameplay, it would probably be a C-Store item. But to be honest, I'm not sure how well it'd go there, either. I'm just not sure how much of the playerbase would be interested in that sort of thing (RPers, please don't eat me for saying that)

I, personally, would not be interested in the coat. I like my uniform way too much to cover it up with a solid-colored mass. Although, I would be interested in seeing the numbers on this, for those in favor and those against.

*****EDIT*****
In the interim, you can use your VA overcoat. I know it's no the same, but it's the most similar...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Well you see, that's the trick. If someone were to use the coat, they'd use it to augment the design of their uniform -- or that of their BOs. And it's usually worn open, anyway.

But either way, I can see that this wouldn't be very popular. :/ Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I think the main problem is that the game can't handle multilayered clothes at all.
You have no underwear, no outerwear, nothing in between, but single pieces that incorporate all layers that your clothing has normally.
Only execptions seem to be belts and kits.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
I think the main problem is that the game can't handle multilayered clothes at all.
You have no underwear, no outerwear, nothing in between, but single pieces that incorporate all layers that your clothing has normally.
Only execptions seem to be belts and kits.
I'd pay real money to have my character walk around in nothing but her skivvies and that ENT Mirror Universe knife belt.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
I'd pay real money to have my character walk around in nothing but her skivvies and that ENT Mirror Universe knife belt.
you know what so would I, but that is niether here nore there.

I dont think the tech would be a problem personally since they already have the coat that the swordmaster klingon npc's wear, so maybe they could make a modified version of that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm all for this being added.