Lt. Commander
# 1 Proposal: "Flashback" Packs
11-07-2010, 10:48 PM
In light of the upcoming "Enterprise" bundle which will be coming to the C-Store, I would like to propose the following bundles, which I feel could be well recieved among the players.

Flashback Bundle #1 - TOS Lovers Pack
- Retrofit TOS Constitution Class Starship:

Tier 3.5 "Retrofit" TOS Constitution Class
Available at Captain rank and above

Hull: 27500
Turn: 8 Deg. / Sec.
Consoles: 2 Eng / 2 Sci / 2 Tac
Bridge Officers:
•Lieutentant Commander Engineering
•Lieutentant Engineering
•Lieutentant Science
•Lieutentant Tactical
Weapons: 3 Fore / 3 Aft
Crew: 500
Devices: 3

- TOS Era Bridge
- TOS Era Ship Interior, based on the graphics from "Everything Old Is New Again" (Medium Size Only)
- TOS Era Weapons Cache (Includes {3} Type II TOS Hand Phasers and {2} Type III TOS Phaser Rifles
- "Commodore" Vanity Title
- "The Cage" / "Where No Man Has Gone Before" TOS Pilot Uniforms

Note: TOS Era Hand Weapons would be "Uncommon" Level, that scale with your in-game rank.

Personally, I think this bundle would be well recieved, and very profitable for Cryptic. Based on the rave reviews the latest Devidian episode recieved, it seems very clear that people WANT Original Series stuff, and the artists at Cryptic have been doing a fantastic job in replicating the era graphically.

----------------------------------------------

Flashback Bundle #2 - Movie Lovers Pack

- TWOK Era Enterprise Bridge
- Undiscovered Country / Flashback Excelsior Bridge
- TWOK Era Ship Interior (Medium Size Only)
- TWOK Era Admiral's Uniform
- TWOK Away Team Jacket
- TWOK Era Rank Pins
- The Motion Picture Era Uniforms
- TWOK Era Weapons Cache (Includes {3} ST: III Hand Phasers and {2} ST: V Security Rifles)

Note: TWOK Era Hand Weapons would be "Uncommon" Level, that scale with your in-game rank.

Thank you for your time.

Lt. Commander
# 2
11-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Wow...just wow

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
/emphatically signed, if it means more WoK stuff (love those uniforms...and that bridge...hell, I loved that whole movie).
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Killer idea!
Lt. Commander
# 5 TOS anything
11-08-2010, 04:44 AM
STO has been real slow about coming out with any TOS stuff. They even admit the #1 ask for bridge is the TOS bridge but have no plains to put it in the C-Store right now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-08-2010, 04:47 AM
Please remember that Cryptic does got to deal with CBS on a lot of this, hell they even said it was a pain in the butt just to get the TOS Enterprise in the game in the first place
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-08-2010, 01:29 PM
First off, TOS and TMP era stuff is over 100 years old by the time of the game, which means that this stuff wouldn't make much sense based on immersion stuff.

That said, though, I'd love to see those things put up just as a TOS fan. As long as the ships aren't too high of a tier I actually would be fine with it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
First off, TOS and TMP era stuff is over 100 years old by the time of the game, which means that this stuff wouldn't make much sense based on immersion stuff.

That said, though, I'd love to see those things put up just as a TOS fan. As long as the ships aren't too high of a tier I actually would be fine with it.
I can understand your concerns about the immersion, which is why I attempted to create a TOS Connie which could be powerful enough for Standard, and maybe Advanced PvE at the Vice Admiral Level, but weak enough that it won't be likely to show up much in PvP. Also, it's why I proposed Uncommon level hand weapons instead of Rare or Very Rare. That allows people to use a fun, fan favorite weapon, without the PvPers and the the people who say "It better not be as good as my MK XI blah blah blah" complaing about it's power.

I recognize the fights about a T5 Connie and the NX-01, and the immersion for what they are, and what is needed is intelligent compromise. Finding some middle ground in this case means putting the ship into a middle Tier, around 3 or 4 to satisfy the biggest amount of proponents and objectors. I think alot of people would be very open to, and accepting of, this sort of a compromise on the TOS Connie.

And maybe it would come with a Connie Refit alternate skin, which no doubt, alot of Captains would be likely to make use of.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
I recognize the fights about a T5 Connie and the NX-01, and the immersion for what they are, and what is needed is intelligent compromise. Finding some middle ground in this case means putting the ship into a middle Tier, around 3 or 4 to satisfy the biggest amount of proponents and objectors. I think alot of people would be very open to, and accepting of, this sort of a compromise on the TOS Connie.
Your compromise is one that I would be open to. I don't see a T3 or T3.5 version of the Connie as stretching believability TOO far. It's seeing the old ships as on par with what we currently have at max level that's mind breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. This is an idea I've had aswell!

/signed