Lt. Commander
# 11
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun555 View Post
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. This is an idea I've had aswell!

/signed
I really believe packs like these could be incredibly successful, as well as clear up an abundance of requests for TOS and TMP / TWOK era stuff.

And successful can mean very profitable as well.

In addition, it would give Cryptic an "out." Essentially Cryptic after adding these packs could say "We have delivered all that we intend to deliver for the TOS and TWOK eras. We hope you enjoy these fan favorite additions to the game, and from this point forward, we will no longer be addressing player requests for TOS and TWOK era equipment."

Essentially they could clear up tons of requests, get them out of the way, and put an end to any additional need to add TOS and TMP era stuff, outside of missions and environments they may choose to add later.

It's pretty much a win / win for everyone involved.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Im all for this, id love to see TOS bridges...weapons...interiors...era specific packs...even though I hate having to pay for the C-store stuff...some stuff is too awesome to pass up.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Don't know if I posted in this or not yet. But

/SIGNED.

Completely.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Really nice, well thought out idea

Whilst it may not appeal to me specifically, it would make a lot of other players very happy and, as you said, also make Cryptic a shed-load of cash

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-10-2010, 05:59 AM
*signs*

bundles make me feel better about paying for things.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
First off, TOS and TMP era stuff is over 100 years old by the time of the game, which means that this stuff wouldn't make much sense based on immersion stuff.
But the NX-01 has got a ok go in the game as a T5 ship. PLZ old means nothing. People love to forget the ships like USS Lakota (NCC-42768) an Excelsior-class which not only toke on the Defiant would have beat it
if it were not for the captain not using the quantum torpedoes the ship had. By DS9 time time line the Excelsior-class would been in its 80s or close to it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
But the NX-01 has got a ok go in the game as a T5 ship. PLZ old means nothing. People love to forget the ships like USS Lakota (NCC-42768) an Excelsior-class which not only toke on the Defiant would have beat it
if it were not for the captain not using the quantum torpedoes the ship had. By DS9 time time line the Excelsior-class would been in its 80s or close to it.
Give me proof that they said that it's been confirmed to be a T5 ship. If it is, then they might as well put the Connie in as one, too. If it's just a T1 ship, then I'd be fine with seeing the NX-class in the game...T5, not so much.

I'm almost to the point where I just don't care anymore. Cryptic, Atari, CBS, or whomever has the final say in the matter and if it makes them more money, they'll do it, even if it makes zero sense from an immersion/canon viewpoint.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I like that idea. I think it would be a great thing to do in the way of a Muesum Ship. I would like to see this later in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Can we please not de-rail this thread into yet another "NX-01" thread? There are plenty of other places to discuss that.

The only ship that should be discussed in this thread, is the specs for the T3.5 TOS Connie which I included in one of the bundles in the Original Post.

Discussion should focus on the proposal in this thread, not topics like the NX-01.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I'd definitely spring for that!

/signed.