Lt. Commander
What would you like to see, and do in foundry?

Personally I would like to create missions that show off that we are at war with the Klingons, and make it feel like this is truly a fight for the freedom of the federation. I would like to write missions that give the feel that episodes like "nor battle to the strong" , "The ship", and the Siege of AR-558 gave when watching the war between the dominion, and the Klingon.

But what does anyone else want to do in foundry?

First user Thread in here yea.. sorry I'm narcissistic
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-25-2010, 04:20 PM
As I asked Dan in the other thread, I'd like to be able to have missions take place on someone's ship. The problem becomes not everyone uses the same bridge, so enemy placement is difficult.

What I'm wondering, is would it be possible to create the tech to not only have it pull the bridge set from whoever is running the mission, but to have mobs spawn in dynamic locations.

What I mean by that is put a trigger in the mission script that says when a certain event happens, have this set of mobs pick a place to spawn on whatever set is pulled from the character ship.

The ship interiors beyond the bridge itself should be no problem, since they are all the same. Other than whatever wall trophies are put up that is. Later down the road if / when they add custom ship interiors it could break these missions however.

My evil brain is already concocting an ambush scenario type mission where you have to fight to save your own ship from the inside. Complete with plasma fires, sparking EPS conduits and what have you. If the editor lets me
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm mainly wanting to try and recreate my favorite VOY and ENT (I know, I know. Booo! Hiss! :p ) episodes (or, at least, as closely as possible).

I've also been toying around with some new episodes, mainly to do with the Romulans and Hirogen, set in the 25th Century. The Romulans were my favorite part of the game's storyline (other than the Guardian of Forever and Planet Killer episodes, heh), and I want to create some stories to do with them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I would like to make an encounter function that makes sense and be able to apply it to the missions.
Example
Instead of the 3 boring frigates, how about about (all still being named 'frigates') one of them having 50% power to shields with a lot of shield/structural abilities, one with science abilities, and the other with 50% offense. You won't know which one is which, but if you are going to survive 'well', you need to take out the offensive frigate first, then the science, then the defensive.

Another example is to have melee combat makes sense with more logical parameters.

I will want be able to save that function and carry those 'encounters' with me throughout my modules as well have people be able to 'borrow' them for their own.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I'd like to see dialog and conversation mechanics like those seen in the Bajor Diplomacy mission.

I'd like to have the ability for the player to select which Bridge Officer plays which role, for instance, I want my Betazoid Doctor Jeras to be the chief of medicine and not the chief Science Officer (another bridge officer should have that role).

I'd like to design my own ship interior.

I'd like to create movie missions for filming machinima
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Terran Empire Missions
Undine Missions

blow up a planet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
I'd like to be able to cusomize my interior even further and have a ability to save it to invite freinds over, also would like the ability to make mini STFs and fleet actions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
multi branching conversations

race/sex testing in conversations - different options depending on if the captain is a certain race or sex.

cut scene generator with camera control ect.

easy to place filler NPCs ....dude working on console here....click done

the ability to puppet players boarding party member...basically have them interject something in the
conversation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-25-2010, 05:45 PM
I'd lie to have "example" projects to draw from and learn from, as i find examples just as good as guides etc.

Personally I would like for author names to be blank until a mission has been accepted. As the person mentioned above something to manipulate cutsecenes as we wont be abole to use our own, to add atmosphre it woud be nice to have access to what is in game.

Control over what music trackis played?(not sure on that one)

The ability to make diplomatic missions at ANY location.

I would LOVE to be able to make NPC's interact as part of a mission. And have the ability to make npc's "follow" or "lead" .

I would li e to be able to use titles in the star trek font at the beginning of missions like you did in the season one episodes..it's just so "trek" when you did it! Iwant to do it too!
Eventually: The ability to test unfinished missions with "friends" and "fleets" in order to bug test and to get early feedback AND to see how my missions would interact IF i intended them to be more fleet/teasm orientated.

Those are my knee jerk thoughts. I will come back in a couple of days with something a bit more thought out
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
What would you like to see, and do in foundry?

Personally I would like to create missions that show off that we are at war with the Klingons, and make it feel like this is truly a fight for the freedom of the federation. I would like to write missions that give the feel that episodes like "nor battle to the strong" , "The ship", and the Siege of AR-558 gave when watching the war between the dominion, and the Klingon.

But what does anyone else want to do in foundry?

First user Thread in here yea.. sorry I'm narcissistic
I'm not sure exactly what your asking, as people have been discussing how they want the system to work since its been announced. Just to be clear, are you asking this just to have a reason to post a thread in the new forum, or are you asking something else deeper that I'm missing?

*edit*

Ah, I didnt see your last sentence until I quote your post. I guess that answers my question!