Lt. Commander
# 1 C-store opinion
11-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey, i'm not usually a big person to complain, however i have an opinion about the c-store. i do not feel that most of the stuff on the c-store should be there. i feel that new ship costumes, new personal uniforms, bridge packs, and some of the new ships. should not be placed on the c-store. I know they do this to make more money and all, but more people would play if they didn't have to pay for some of the newer content. i can see why ship slots, character slots, galaxy x, and starship retrofits are there and other things.. i don't want the galaxy x or the retrofits to be there, but i'm okay with it. because you can get one retrofit for free, its just the costumes and bridges. I'm not saying i want to get one costume or bridge pack for free, but that they should not be ever of been put on the c-store, and should of been released with the game, or treated like the costumes/ bridges that were released with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetcmd View Post
Hey, i'm not usually a big person to complain, however i have an opinion about the c-store. i do not feel that most of the stuff on the c-store should be there. i feel that new ship costumes, new personal uniforms, bridge packs, and some of the new ships. should not be placed on the c-store. I know they do this to make more money and all, but more people would play if they didn't have to pay for some of the newer content. i can see why ship slots, character slots, galaxy x, and starship retrofits are there and other things.. i don't want the galaxy x or the retrofits to be there, but i'm okay with it. because you can get one retrofit for free, its just the costumes and bridges. I'm not saying i want to get one costume or bridge pack for free, but that they should not be ever of been put on the c-store, and should of been released with the game, or treated like the costumes/ bridges that were released with the game.
The thing is, nobody needs to buy a single thing on the C-store to enjoy what STO has to offer. The questions isn't whether something is needed vs wanted. If it is wanted, how MUCH is it wanted. If someone really wants something badly enough, they'll pony up a few dollars, buy the C-points and get it.

It's how consumor driven businesses work. And whether you like it or not, Cryptic is a consumor-driven business.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxicat
For example, the Klingon side of the game is admittedly unfinished. What is there is rather unpolished and slapdash -- But rather than work on that, dev time/resources are diverted to more shinies for the masses.
The people who do character art aren't the same people who do bug fixes, mission content, etc. It's like saying you own a restaurant and can shift your bartender over to chef just to get food out quicker. You can't. Each person and team at Cryptic has their own duties and can't really jump over to another team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxicat
Then perhaps they need to re-assign who does what, and what portion of their dev team is dedicated to doing each job. Maybe fewer people on the C-Store pumping out baubles and more on the game side fixing what's broken and unfinished?
I disagree. It's all about manpower and income. Let's say it takes 1 person 2 months to make a c-store fluff bauble like a new ship skin. Let's say that person makes 40k a year so 2 months of his time costs Cryptic $6,500.00. Let's say the item costs 240 Cryptic Points ($3.00). They only have to sell 2,200 to break even. If they only sell 5,000 not only did they pay for his 2 months time but they've paid for 2.5 months of someone else's time to work on some of those borken and unfinished things. Fluff pays for a lot of the advances we see in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
how do i even use the stuff i bought from the c store
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
You unlock it per character from the c-store in game. If you know how to go to your bridge then you know what tab you need to click that's on the right side of the mini-map. One of the options there is c-store. Look around under special unlock for something you bought to unlock it there. If it's a ship skin you do that at the ship customization station in sol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm really confused
i'm after buying a bunch of stuff from the c store and i don't know how going to the bridge will happen

the things have already been bought though the c store i bought a bunch of ships
i just don't know how to use them could it be because of my rank?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Where you get the item entirely depends on what you purchased. Different items are gotten different ways. For example, the TOS Constitution needs to be unlocked from the c-store. You do that by logging into the game and going to the c-store via the tab on the right side of the mini-map and unlocking the TOS Constitution. Other items, like the Comet ship skin, you get simply by going to the shipyard and editing your ship design. Some other things, like the Excelsior, need to be picked up in the shipyard store - the same place you get new ships when you level up.

Most small things, like Liberated Borg BOs, Photonic BOs, and such you need to unlock in the c-store via the tab above.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-21-2010, 06:11 PM
ok so still a little confused i got a ship so where on earth space dock would i find that

sorry don't mean to be stund but really lost
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-21-2010, 06:14 PM
i think i figured it out thanks everyone