Lt. Commander
I've been grinding the B'Tran Cluster (VA) for a while in pursuit of emblems and I've had some observations about the random seeding that generates mission types when you explore a new system. It seems really erratic. Sometimes I get an even distribution of missions and I can reasonably expect to get some FDC exp, Aid Planet MkXI trades, and investigate anomalous readings missions along with the typical space.ground combat. However, at other times I keep getting one type of ground combat or space combat over and over again. I am dropping those missions often if that affects the seeding.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it based on which Cluster you're in? Does dropping a mission affect the probability of that mission type coming up again?

Apologies if this has come up and been discussed before.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
As far as I'm aware it's all completely random. There's no way to skew the system for one type of mission over the other.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
You think that's bad? My friend has played B'tran so often he knows which readings are anomoleys and which ones are actual systems based on map position.

And yes, the random generator is a bit erratic...especially when you get the EXACT mission three times in a row.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
You think that's bad? My friend has played B'tran so often he knows which readings are anomoleys and which ones are actual systems based on map position.

And yes, the random generator is a bit erratic...especially when you get the EXACT mission three times in a row.
I'd only be impressed if he was a Klingon, considering the difference is clearly labeled for Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I can tell the difference when playing Klingon. And he is right, position on the map is the dead giveaway.