Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
So I was playing my LT Commander KDF, doing the last mission in the Defari arc. I was fighting one of the last bosses. I set up the ground ability from the Devidian mission that makes you transparrant.(Cant think of the ability) And all of a sudden, I was being attacked from behind. It was a human striking me in the original TOS Gold uniform; with a description above his head that said "Starfleet Captain." Once the ground ability wore off, he vanished and there I was fighting the Breen again.

Is this a bug, or is this a side affect of the ground ability?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2010, 10:31 AM
it's a side effect, there's a slight chance it spawns an NPC, I've also seen it spawn Science Officers, Devidian Phantasms and Dahar masters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander-Effi
So I was playing my LT Commander KDF, doing the last mission in the Defari arc. I was fighting one of the last bosses. I set up the ground ability from the Devidian mission that makes you transparrant.(Cant think of the ability) And all of a sudden, I was being attacked from behind. It was a human striking me in the original TOS Gold uniform; with a description above his head that said "Starfleet Captain." Once the ground ability wore off, he vanished and there I was fighting the Breen again.

Is this a bug, or is this a side affect of the ground ability?
It's a side effect of the ability. If you look at the item description you'll see there is a small chance to spawn a random character (or something to that effect). I know people have pulled all sorts of things. The most frequent one I've heard of is spawning a Phantasm, but other Feds have spawned a Klink and vice versa. It's kinda funny cuz lots of these happen when people are testing the item on their bridge