Lt. Commander
the tool tip for energy siphon says.

to target: -X power for Y seconds
to self: after 3 seconds, +X power for Y seconds

the to target -X powers bit of the power works, tested.

but when did the +X power for Y seconds on self stop working. the +X power only works for 3 (ish) seconds then it returns to initial levels, and certainly not Y seconds. btw, Y seconds is about 28s for 200 skills points (100+18*4+50~200).
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Interesting. The last time I tested it I just found it useless in practice and didn't check if it even worked as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
The duration of the drain is dependent upon Aux - did you use it after coming out of Full Impulse or when you were hit by Tyken's/Target Subsystem: Aux?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
What he is saying is that at his current aux levels the power says will be X long but that it doesn't work as long as it said so it is not an issue with Aux. I've seen this myself but was just playing around with it so didn't really understand what was happening.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasisAri
What he is saying is that at his current aux levels the power says will be X long but that it doesn't work as long as it said so it is not an issue with Aux. I've seen this myself but was just playing around with it so didn't really understand what was happening.
Hm, I'll have to check that out then. I was using Energy Siphon 2 on both my Carrier and LRSV-R last night, and didn't notice anything wonky. Granted, I wasn't watching my own power levels too carefully, I was just watching the target for debuff icons.

I'll have to test that out later tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
the icon on the target is working alright, it will show for the correct amount of time. also testing show that if i was the target the debuff will last the correct amount of time.

but the +X power for Y seconds dont lasy for Y seconds, only for about 3 seconds.

this is quite easy to see if you look at your, say, engine power, as usually not much affect your engine powers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
i figures that it must been broken recently, because there is no post on the forum about a broken energy siphon powers, ever.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
This has been bugged for a while, actually. Science team used on yourself will remove the buff part of the power from you. I'd bet that is what is happening to you. Sensor scan is bugged in exactly the same way.

The debuff portion of both these powers is supposed to be removed by science team, and that does work properly. However the debuff can also be removed by SNB, unlike any other debuffs.

Why these issues haven't been fixed yet is anyone's guess, because its probably pretty simple. I think it has been around since 1.2.

I noted this in my comprehensive science power info thread, along with bugs on other powers, so give it a read.

Now if its not science team removing the buff, I have no idea what it could be.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
come think of it... i am 75% sure that it is not the sci team debuffing myself of the +x power buff.

even as i had 2 copy of sci team on ahk, there should be a time window of 10s which the sci team dont debuff myself. i recall the +x powers only last about 3 seconds quite consistently.

must be something else wrong with it, while doing a google search on this power, there wasnt mention of it being bugged. not sure if it was only you who noticed or else not many ppl post about it.