Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuse View Post
If intended to be a defense of the current queue system, this explanation makes no sense. There are 10 total people in the queue. One group of 5 (mine) and 5 other people in unknown group configurations. Remember that this is FvF, so all it needs to do is put my 5 on one side, and everyone else on the other, and voila 5v5 match achieved. That is possibly the simplest function that a queue system can tackle, and it failed.
Oops. Misunderstood you. Thought you meant there were 10 qued up on only 1 side. Yeah, if there were 10 FvF, that is messed up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll just refer to Murphy's Law. Remember that there are two ways to design a bugfree system. Unfortunately only the third way works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuse View Post
Just sat in the stupid PVP queue for an hour with a buddy. We're on Klink side, with 8 others queued up with us. Slowly the feds make it up to 4 and the PVP queuer makes a game, only to pass us over. This happened four damn times in the space of an hour --- even when it was clear that we had been waiting in the queue longer than anyone else. I enjoy playing your game Cryptic, when it doesn't make me so mad that I want to cancel my account. There's a lot of posts on here about why more people don't play Klingons, and why PVP is unbalanced, but for my money, the real problem with PVP is the piece of crap software that makes the matches. I've often joked with my friends as we sit for 20 minutes with enough players in the queue to make a match and get nothing that I should report the damn thing as being bugged, but honestly: this is a known issue, so fix the stupid thing.
Thats not Cryptics problem.Thats PEOPLE problem.When you queue up then not enough folks on the opposite side accept, thats the people dropping out or letting the queue timer expire.I just spent the last 45min waiting for a ground match and twice it filled up and twice the feddies ran away.Nothing anyone can do about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMS View Post
Thats not Cryptics problem.Thats PEOPLE problem.When you queue up then not enough folks on the opposite side accept, thats the people dropping out or letting the queue timer expire.I just spent the last 45min waiting for a ground match and twice it filled up and twice the feddies ran away.Nothing anyone can do about it.
I think you might have misread something, DCMS. Muse said it made games, just not with those in the queue. You're describing people dropping from the queue and not accepting the invite. In this case, invites were not offered to those in the queue the longest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Regarding PvP queues on the KDF side, I find it rare to ever see KDF players queue for KvK matches of any kind.
My speculation is that either they don't want to fight other KDF, or they think there are not enough KDF players to form matches. In the case of the latter, I have witnessed many times where there will be 11+ KDF players in a FvK space arena queue, and maybe, MAYBE, 1 KDF in the KvK space arena queue.


Anyone who has been PvPing for a long while now knows that the queuing system is not perfect.
It has however come a long way from what it used to be, and I'm sure Cryptic is taking in feedback to improve the system in the future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't know, KvK has been happening a bit more as of late. It's probably a side effect of the whinier Fed counterparts abandoning FvK, leaving us little choice but to fight amongst ourselves. As for me, now when I'm PuGing I queue up for Cap and Hold and Arena as well as whichever KvK fills the daily requirement. It's been paying off. I hope more Klinks realize this and start to do it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I don't know, KvK has been happening a bit more as of late. It's probably a side effect of the whinier Fed counterparts abandoning FvK, leaving us little choice but to fight amongst ourselves. As for me, now when I'm PuGing I queue up for Cap and Hold and Arena as well as whichever KvK fills the daily requirement. It's been paying off. I hope more Klinks realize this and start to do it.
isnt it funny how its us feds who whine for now, but mark my words, that wont be the same story when the enterprise J comes out. thats all the United Federation of Cruisers ever needed: uber beamboats. forget the science and escort vessels: they just can (and apparently should) not every be fully combat viable. they all deserve to die in 3 seconds against incoming fire.

up until last week i was playing escorts, and i used my last respect getting out of it again. there is just nothing a tactical officer can do to make escorts have anything resembling survivability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Well, I don't mean any offense. It's just that the Feds are the ones who typically are abandoning FvK for greener and easier pastures. Targeting and NPC aggro mechanics need to be fixed (I wish they'd stop dragging their feet) but other than that you get the same OP whiny ******** over, if not about the carriers, then insert something else here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29 PvP / pokerstars ???
11-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree that the PvP takes way to long to get yah in a game. Perhaps the Dev team might look out side the box and see how some of the poker sites do it. I never have a problem getting a card game going but I seem to wait alot for the STO PvP

Oilspill
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Well, I don't mean any offense. It's just that the Feds are the ones who typically are abandoning FvK for greener and easier pastures. Targeting and NPC aggro mechanics need to be fixed (I wish they'd stop dragging their feet) but other than that you get the same OP whiny ******** over, if not about the carriers, then insert something else here.
Completely agree with this.
apt.pupil, very few people will try and downplay the issues that are evident in PvP, caused by the increased amount of NPC spawns.
It's not that all Feds are whiners, otherwise I'd be one too, it's just that there are players who only play Fed (maybe play KDF, but likely never made it to max level) and continuously make comments on how unfair the game is towards Fed players.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 PM.