Lt. Commander
Dev Team, i need you to hear me out, i have spoken with friends and people about Galaxy X.

HERE are IMPROVEMENTS Needed For GALAXY X.

Galaxy X Improvements Needed:

4th Slot.
Commander Eng, Commander Tac, LT Com Eng, LT Com Sci, Ensign Eng.

4 Weapon fores, 4 Weapon afts

Turn Rate 25% better

should be Fair and Able to Stand up to All T5 Ships.

Phaser Lance should have 60 seconds cooldown

Galaxy X is ONLY Ship that has Battlecloak.

should have BETTER HULL than Refit Galaxy.

Saucer Seperation

here's my friend's ticket number:

you guys agree with this improvement?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
No.

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Not in the least bit do I agree. That setup would make it leaps and bounds superior to any other ship currently ingame, hell probably better than anything the devs will eventually put out as tier 6.

Less cooldown on the lance sure, a bit better turn rate (though this should apply to all galaxy types) maybe a Lt Com tac slot rather than the Lt and ensign slots it has now but much more than that would unballance the ship in the wrong direction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
No.

/10char
did u ever tried Galaxy X? i did and it sucks go ask others and they will tell u same
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
Dev Team, i need you to hear me out, i have spoken with friends and people about Galaxy X.

HERE are IMPROVEMENTS Needed For GALAXY X.

Galaxy X Improvements Needed:

4th Slot.
Commander Eng, Commander Tac, LT Com Eng, LT Com Sci, Ensign Eng. I think the current set up is fine

4 Weapon fores, 4 Weapon afts Truthfully, the lance is a joke. Don't take weapons away from the ship.

Turn Rate 25% better A cruiser is a cruiser

should be Fair and Able to Stand up to All T5 Ships.

Phaser Lance should have 60 seconds cooldown I would suggest a 10 degree arc to go with it.

Galaxy X is ONLY Ship that has Battlecloak. It should have battle cloak, but not be exclusive

should have BETTER HULL than Refit Galaxy. or at least comparable hull

Saucer Seperation The lance makes this impossible.

here's my friend's ticket number:

Items in green I agree with. Items in red, I don't. My comments in yellow. As always, this is just my two cents.

I've played with the G-X and I'm flying the Excelsior because the G-X is a relative paper ship. But what you suggested is overkill.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes most people will agree that its not up to teir 5 standards anywhere but on paper, but the 'improvements' you're suggesting are way too much. It may not be up to snuff with the other ships, but its not that far behind a few tweeks is all it really needs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2010, 08:34 AM
I never tryed it ...
It has to have lance as usual faser weapon not long cooldown one.
Fun part may be if it could be set to fire on 360 but only on side of lance ... not thru hull
Has to have slicly better warp speed and maybe +5 ep on engines more due to 3rd nacelet.
Not sure are nacelet have something to do with inertia and turn rate, but could have improvment here.
BO 12 powers ... diferent from other Galaxy t5
Hull, shield & so on - same as other Gal t5
Nothing more, nothing less ... or it going to overpower other Galaxy refit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Saucer Seperation is right out.

If I remember correctly, the Gal-X cannot separate because of the way the Phaser Lance is integrated into the neck of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Galaxy X
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
I Have The dreadnaught anything i hate about it is the turn rate is rather dreafull, and i thing it shud hav an extra tacitcal slot shud be 3.

But other than that its fine, i use this as my tier 5 ship and i can tell ya anyone whos ever played me in pvp will tell ya tht the ships can take on any t5 ship with ease. In fact i can last . longer in the x than i can in my sovergin
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-10-2010, 08:47 AM
The problem with the G-X (as with any ship) is that no ONE 'version' of the ship will appeal to everyone... some will want more hull, some will want more speed, some will want more firepower and some will want more console positions... and some will want all of that :p

as it stands the G-X is - relatively - balanced so that you can turn it into the ship you want... making it anymore powerful in any of those concepts - or blasting it 'forward' with ALL of those changes - would either lead to one version of the ships users being ****ed because the ship doesn't fit their playstyle... or all the other players ****ing because how unbalanced the ship is