Lt. Commander
# 11
11-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
here's my friend's ticket number:

tell your fiend not to submit suggestions as bug reports.

and you proposals to improve the galaxy x would turn it into the most powerful ship in the game, so no i dont agree at all. you want it to have commander slots for engineering and tactical, you want it to have 3 unique powers (saucer sep, phaser lance with 60 sec cooldown, and a battlecloak) with better hull, improved turn rate and all 4/4 weapon slots, and this is to make it fair?

the ship could possible do with a few minor tweak and have one of your suggestions but to suggest all, if that what your saying is just extreme beyond belief.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Items in green I agree with. Items in red, I don't. My comments in yellow. As always, this is just my two cents.

I've played with the G-X and I'm flying the Excelsior because the G-X is a relative paper ship. But what you suggested is overkill.
Agreed, it should be on par with the Excelsior but no more, also some graphical changes would be appreciated. i.e. more work on the design not just a copy of the original Galaxy. Phaser Lance needs some rework in recharge times though, we lost a weapons slot for this and it is not worth it in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-10-2010, 08:11 AM
well, T6 is coming soon.. so they should update it for that.. here's very good chance they might bring T6 versions into game in season 10 or 11 or sooner.. i even heard they might put in Typhoon Class too
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Soon? Seasons 10 or 11... you know that the seasons are on a roughly 3-4 month cycle and baring in mind that we're only just getting season 3... 10 or 11 should be rocking up sometime in 2013-2014. I wouldn't call that soon, nor have the devs mentioned anything about their plans for season that far down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Soon? Seasons 10 or 11... you know that the seasons are on a roughly 3-4 month cycle and baring in mind that we're only just getting season 3... 10 or 11 should be rocking up sometime in 2013-2014. I wouldn't call that soon, nor have the devs mentioned anything about their plans for season that far down the line.
right, it's just my guess
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Not in the least do I agree. The galaxy X ship is a cosmetic ship. It was originally a reward for recruiting 5 friends to the game. If someone paid the 25$ tag and expected an end all, be all ship then they would be in for a surprise.

I agree, it needs some tweaks but not an overhaul to make it the best possible ship that only 1 faction has access to.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I disagree with the idea that the Galaxy-X should get a better turn rate. It might be great for it to have it, but that doesn't necessarily mean its a good idea. If the Galaxies have this turn rate, no reason to change it for the X.

I think adding a weapon slot or changing the cooldown on the lance are more sensible approaches. Both can reduce the issue of the low maneuverability. If you can fire more often, you are more flexible in when you use the power and can react better to "targets of opportunity" instead of having to carefully time it the moment you have your designated target in sight. 8 weapon slots makes its overall damage less dependent on the lance and thus less dependent of maneuverability.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I think adding a weapon slot or changing the cooldown on the lance are more sensible approaches. Both can reduce the issue of the low maneuverability. If you can fire more often, you are more flexible in when you use the power and can react better to "targets of opportunity" instead of having to carefully time it the moment you have your designated target in sight. 8 weapon slots makes its overall damage less dependent on the lance and thus less dependent of maneuverability.
That's probably the biggest gripe. They took away two weapons slots and exchanged it for a weapon that is entirely dependent on ship maneuverability. But then they didn't give it any increase in maneuverability. My suggestion from the beginning has always been to put the two weapons slots back and make the Lance firing arc 10 degrees. That way the lance will be a weapon of opportunity, but it'll function as a standard galaxy otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
and you proposals to improve the galaxy x would turn it into the most powerful ship in the game, so no i dont agree at all. you want it to have commander slots for engineering and tactical, you want it to have 3 unique powers (saucer sep, phaser lance with 60 sec cooldown, and a battlecloak) with better hull, improved turn rate and all 4/4 weapon slots, and this is to make it fair?
in his defense, I think ALL cloaks should be battlecloaks. There is nothing more aggravating than being 90% cloaked and getting hit by a phaser blast.
But that's just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
here's my friend's ticket number:
Wait... did you or someone else bug ticket this? You do know that this ISN'T a support issue, right? And that submitting garbage like this clogs the channels and slows support getting to people who actually need it, right?

And as for the suggestions... no on each and every one.

The ship is relatively well balanced to the others. Is it great? No, but no ship is supposed to be. Average is the goal. If you were expecting to buy an "I WIN" button the problem was with your expectations.

If you're going to suggest any change it would have to be a give and take. Such as gaining a fourth rear weapon in exchange for a Tactical BOff slot, after all the Lance is essentially a BO3, so sacrificing a BOff power for a BOff power seems slightly more logical than sacrificing a weapon for one.

Oh, and anyone who would suggest a Battle Cloak on anything but a BoP has to be asked... you realize there's a reason they only exist on a BoP, the weakest ship in the game right? On a Cruiser it just wouldn't work. The only reason a Battle Cloak is even moderately acceptable in the game at all is because it's on a ship with such pathetic hull that any time it uses it there is a 50/50 chance that it will go *BOOM* ... a Cruiser doesn't have that same mid-fight deterrent.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-10-2010, 11:45 AM
The Galaxy X blows, but those bridge officer and battle cloak suggestions are laughable at best.