Lt. Commander
Why not just have the older tier ships scale with our rank so it would be possible to fly whatever ship you wanted in end game......similar to the retro fit phasers scaling or something along those lines?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Reminds me of Earth & Beyond.
It was a game that limited you to flying just one ship for your race and class that could be customized visually.
However, as you leveled up you were able to do missions to unlock extra weapons and equipment slots, cargo bays etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I'd say okay as long as the hull strength was all that scaled.

That's right, the hull strength was all that scaled.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2010, 10:42 AM
A Miranda with the hull strenght of a Sovereign?

Fat Chance.

What should be scaled is the BO slots.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
A Miranda with the hull strenght of a Sovereign?

Fat Chance.

What should be scaled is the BO slots.
I would go so far as to say Bridge Officer Slots, Weapon Slots and Consoles.

And the BO Slots, Weapon Slots and Consoles would need to scale in such a way that it makes the ship useful at upper levels, but not as powerful as Upper Level ships.

I have no problem seeing Mirandas, Centaurs, Excaliburs, Novas, etc. at Vice Admiral. And I think they need a boost in order to see them at the upper levels, but I also agree with the people who say that a Nova or a Miranda shouldn't be as powerful or survivable as a Sovereign or a Luna.

But they shouldn't be as weak as a space shuttle either. And that is the current predicament.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2010, 03:42 AM
bump......
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Why not just have the older tier ships scale with our rank so it would be possible to fly whatever ship you wanted in end game......similar to the retro fit phasers scaling or something along those lines?
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I love the constitution class. Would love to play it (effectively) as VA.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
While it might be nice to be able to pilot your favorite ships at T5, it doesn't make much sense.

A Miranda being able to go toe-to-toe in a fight with a Defiant or Sovereign? It should realistically be akin to smashing through a issue with a jackhammer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
While it might be nice to be able to pilot your favorite ships at T5, it doesn't make much sense.

A Miranda being able to go toe-to-toe in a fight with a Defiant or Sovereign? It should realistically be akin to smashing through a issue with a jackhammer.
I was thinking they could scale but to a lesser degree of tier 5
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
I heard that they are eventually going to replace the tier system with a weight system, so instead of having to go up every rank, you can use that ship later and it will have some sort of special advantage. So you can use lower tier ships at higher ranks.