Lt. Commander
I have a pretty good proposition to throw down upon the board, Mixed Teaming F/K vs F/K. While it takes quite a long time to get into a game at any lvl, especially with limited numbers of players queuing up. This proposition is to reduce the time and get games going especially with limited numbers of players for any sides. Essentially i want to make a bug a permanent game feature to a PVP game type.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2010, 03:09 PM
That would be interesting. On a similar vein, what if Feds could run a klink ship or two or vice versa? They could be sold in the C-Store as "Commandeered Klingon Bird of Prey" or "Spoils of War Excelsior"

If BoP are so "Bloody over-powered", give a fed the chance to roll in it. I doubt it would get out of control since feds love their ship style so much.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Getting a Fed and KDf on the same team would need alot of work. The question of letting Fed and KDf team for STFs has been brought up a while ago. It comes down to, if it were an easy thing to put into the game, it wouldve been done along time ago.

Watch the new STOked episode, Gozer tells you a little something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post
Getting a Fed and KDf on the same team would need alot of work. The question of letting Fed and KDf team for STFs has been brought up a while ago. It comes down to, if it were an easy thing to put into the game, it wouldve been done along time ago.

Not 100% true. note that we can already have fed and klingon on the same team in pvp by using the challenge system. All cryptic need to do is to extend the challenge system to include pug and queues. maybe include an option to decide which side you want to join once the game starts, who get to pick which team is decided on the order that you joined the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Interestingly enough, last I heard, while you can have Feds and Klinks on the same side they can't actually team up yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa27 View Post

Actually that is about the STF this is PVP you dont need a group to do PVP. You need a max of 5(areana) people per side and it doesnt matter too much about groups. What I am prpposing is a way for players to get PVP arenas going for any rank, especially the KDF which is still PVP heavy for LVLing to PVP. As it stand it take more than an hour to get with a population of 2 federation and 20 klingon players all set and ready to go for PVP as an example. And when you go off to do a mission to pass the time sometimes your so deep into the mission that it isnt wise to leave that mission for some PVP which in tern sometimes ruins the ques for the others due to you being the one guy who triggers the not every one has accepted error message for the others causing them to wait even longer and not every one is into doing ground or space or even the capture and hold and the ground special. While this might remove the whole KvF, KvK, or FvF, the whole point is to get PVP going for the lower lvl people at least to enjoy PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieshdor View Post
I have a pretty good proposition to throw down upon the board, Mixed Teaming F/K vs F/K. While it takes quite a long time to get into a game at any lvl, especially with limited numbers of players queuing up. This proposition is to reduce the time and get games going especially with limited numbers of players for any sides. Essentially i want to make a bug a permanent game feature to a PVP game type.
do this in kerrat... it was made for it... or add another kerrat type planet with this
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad.Astra
That would be interesting. On a similar vein, what if Feds could run a klink ship or two or vice versa? They could be sold in the C-Store as "Commandeered Klingon Bird of Prey" or "Spoils of War Excelsior"

If BoP are so "Bloody over-powered", give a fed the chance to roll in it. I doubt it would get out of control since feds love their ship style so much.
Or they could roll a KDF alt and try it out firsthand, otherwise this will just become the foundation for a sneaky way to get KDF ships in the Cstore for feds to use.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 12:15 AM
I don't like the idea of Mixing FvK like that.

What I would like to see is a mix of Space and Ground combat in the same match. For instance like a Cap and Hold where you have to beam down to those locations to actually capture.