Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Not everyone play this game for your crap pve content either,
just saying.
That wasn't called for or very nice. I didn't slam you or your likes. Grow up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Not everyone play this game for your crap pve content either,
just saying.
There are likely to be problems with OPvP at a PvP level -- it doesn't mean people would prefer PvE-only. It really depends on how it's done. Faction imbalance could be a *huge* issue, unless there is a way for small groups from the underdog faction to at least make progess.

And then there is ganking. If an OPvP zone is just for ganking, well, we really don't need another Ker'rat. I don't really see players wanting to fly into a ganking zone without some sort of goal.

An OPvP zone with PvE quests in it would be the worst possibility, and would end up with the same silliness that took place in another much more popular MMO before battlegrounds and arenas killed off world PvP there. under no circumstances should there be any motivation for PvE players to enter a PvP zone.

The best OPvP I've seen involved "RvR lakes" which had several objectives that small parties could cap, a few objectives that required larger warbands, and three separate paths to advance along. This meant that while an underdog faction was at a huge disadvantage, they could just focus on the easy objectives in whichever zones the larger group was ignoring, or at least force the larger faction to spread out into manageable chunks.

STO has a problem in that the factions are so radically imbalanced that there may be no way for OPvP to work. I remember before FvF when you'd see 152:1 FvK queues.

At any rate, there are some really valid concerns about OPvP other than it just being too elite for PvEers.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
That wasn't called for or very nice. I didn't slam you or your likes. Grow up.
Well im sorry, had a bad day but really pve gets update every week roleplayers get costumes and whatever, I just want something new for pvp I dont do pve, I don't roleplay. I dont care for anything other in this game then pvp. An arena map with a new backdrop takes 20minutes to make.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2010, 11:31 AM
agreed agreed agreed Zorena! the best players in this game with the most knowledge of gameplay mechanics are those that are avid PvPers. So by not giving them anything to do cryptic is losing those who will inevitably be those who have any idea how to improve this game. So sure... dont give a rats behind about the PvP comunity and watch the game go down the black hole of F2P WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee plop.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
agreed agreed agreed Zorena! the best players in this game with the most knowledge of gameplay mechanics are those that are avid PvPers. So by not giving them anything to do cryptic is losing those who will inevitably be those who have any idea how to improve this game. So sure... dont give a rats behind about the PvP comunity and watch the game go down the black hole of F2P WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee plop.
It's been 8 months, and several of the complaints that were there are launch are still present. Particularly this one:

no incentive to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
no incentive to pvp.
Zone chat sometimes contains more delicious drama than anything television can put out
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I suspect all the forums get read, but that open PvP is very, very, low on the priority list.

For one thing because it would probably make more people unhappy than happy.
But why oh why would it make others unhappy? Not taking a shot, I tend to agree.....

Am I unhappy when there is a new costume in C store? No. Do I care? No. I don't RP.

Am I unhappy when there is a new PVE mission. No. Do I care? No. I rarely PVE anymore.

So why oh why does someone that doesnt PvP care if there is an open PvP zone for those that DO PvP to enjoy. Doesn't effect them. Why is this not obvious to any and all?

Waff
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
It's been 8 months, and several of the complaints that were there are launch are still present. Particularly this one:

no incentive to pvp.
Anyone who knows MMORPGs understands that PvP is the life blood of any MMORPG that isn't fully RP based... The MMO group of people for the most part are not RPers. Therefore the incentive that keeps them interested in a game is the PvP aspect of that game. This game should have a very large player base because it has a faction almost fully dedicated to PvP! yet it is lacking and the player base continues to dwindle. You would think cryptic would get on the ball and understand that end game material IS PVP! think about it... you have top gear, and the only thing left to do is replay missions? laime sauce! GET US SOME OPEN WORLD PvP AND STARBASES and watch the numbers rise! I can guarentee it!
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I would like a comment about where we stand in the PvP side as well.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Well im sorry, had a bad day but really pve gets update every week roleplayers get costumes and whatever, I just want something new for pvp I dont do pve, I don't roleplay. I dont care for anything other in this game then pvp. An arena map with a new backdrop takes 20minutes to make.
True, There are new goodies given to RP & pve people almost on a weekly basis, when was the last time the pvp community got a little love? We don't ask for much, more maps would be a great start.OPVP would give me something to do all day other than fly around Ker'rat .