Lt. Commander
# 1 STO mit ubuntu
11-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Hi,

Ich weiss, dass es nicht üblich ist, das man mit einem Linuxrechner STO spielt aber ich hasse Windows und erlich gesagt ist es mir auch zu teuer, selbst der Vierenschutz ist schon ein grosses Übel, Daher habe ich kurzerhand beschlossen es über ubuntu zu spielen und habe es auch zustand gebracht aber es ist leider ein riesen Hacken dabei, ich benötige die macros und Windows-Internet-Explorer won Microsoft jetzt kann ich es zwar spielen, aber ich habe eine riesen Sicherheitslücke im Net-System von ubuntu und mein STO accaunt ist warscheinlich auch nicht mehr so sicher (wenn die accaunts das überhaupt waren).

Da es mit ubuntu möglich ist eine auto-configuration der grafikeinstellung mit sto zu programmieren möchte ich aber nicht mehr zurück zu windows.

Kennt wer eine andere Option STO evt. über Firefox zu spielen, denn momentan braucht STO einfach denn Windows-internet-Explorer kernel.

Ich meine, toill währe es wenn sie für Linux nutzer auch ein fertiges Playkit anbieten würden so wie für windows und mac.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2010, 03:46 AM
First of, you might want to post in english in a English forum... Just a thought.

The solution to your problem should be to install wine. I think the proper command should be

First add the wine repo if you dont have it already
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa

next update it
sudo apt-get update

finally install wine.
sudo apt-get install wine1.3

You should now be able to install STO under Linux, without running macros that make Ubuntu less safe than it already is.
To avoid the whole safety procedure, just launch the sto-exe rather than the launcher. That way you will only need the launcher for updating.

On that note, you cannot run execeuteables throug browsers, and especially not windows exe's throug firefox.

Also, at this time Cryptic has not interest in developing STO for either Linux and/or Mac.

Hope this answers your question.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2010, 04:20 AM
step 1, install windows or mac os

step 2, instal game

step 3, play game

step 4, profit (for the os company since they did all the work to make games work on their os)
Lt. Commander
# 4 Thx
11-14-2010, 12:14 AM
hi, thank you anazonda. worked.

Well, I have read here, found Swol and in German in the forum, and it hies, it does not matter, as it would in tours for German and Englich.

Sorry khan wrath, but I'm going to buy right now no Windows mer,

1. it read itself does not adapt so well as Linux (sure, it takes time)
2.I am not willing to support a group that is claiming the world in 3 countries, there is no oven operating systems. in Indonesia it is the example to the way the one who has no computer program to read and fitness for office is not far to go on to higher education.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orker.CH View Post
hi, thank you anazonda. worked.

Well, I have read here, found Swol and in German in the forum, and it hies, it does not matter, as it would in tours for German and Englich.

Sorry khan wrath, but I'm going to buy right now no Windows mer,

1. it read itself does not adapt so well as Linux (sure, it takes time)
2.I am not willing to support a group that is claiming the world in 3 countries, there is no oven operating systems. in Indonesia it is the example to the way the one who has no computer program to read and fitness for office is not far to go on to higher education.
You're welcome. Used to work in a OpenSource company running Ubuntu and KUbuntu as OS, so every now and then I have some useful advice on Linux xD.

On that note, as far as I know its not permitted to use the forums for direct political discussions. Would hate to see anyone being warned for their beliefs.

Anyways:

Vies Spass. Wier sehen uns im all.