Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I would like to suggest that Cryptic implements an

in-game browser to a Cryptic hosted wiki with a PvP section.

I think many of us would contribute to this, as the largest problem with PvP currently is the knowledge gap between casual players and PvP enthusiasts. This is frustrating and causes casual players to adopt the attitude that there is something wrong with faction balance. Sharing information about game mechanics and experimental results would help to level the playing field. I myself would welcome the evolution of more fed players into knowledgeable and thus more capable players.

The in game browser access to the Cryptic hosted wiki would also act as a community driven help guide, thus enhancing everyones experience.

With a more even knowledge base, the feedback that is going to Cryptic now concerning PvP will be more realistic.

Talk amongst yourselves...
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
P.S. Can we also have context linking (object to page)? That would be peachy-keen... thx
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I think this is a really good idea. Because STO's population is relatively small --- and therefore has comparatively fewer people willing to do actual numbers testing --- even basic gameplay mechanic information is really, really difficult to come by. I started playing several months ago with a dedicated group of friends. Many of us like to really research the MMOs we play, and we had to wade through a host of bad information, outdated information, and rumor in order to get any kind of sense of how the mechanics of the game actually work. Any repository of up-to-date information would be helpful, but especially so in the PVP context.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
This is a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2010, 05:03 PM
It makes so much sense! It can't possibly work. I won't buy your balanced faction propaganda.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
It makes so much sense! It can't possibly work. I won't buy your balanced faction propaganda.
Please Brother SteveHale...

Have some kool aid.

Have some

yes have some.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Actually I was just taking an oppotunity to be humorous, but so far what I've read sounds interesting and similiar initiatives have worked in the past, (the KDF assistance chat channel)- so why not
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I seriously doubt this would work. People don't come to the STO Forum for advice right now, why should they get information from some Wiki?

The only way you might have people look up PvP tips is of Cryptic putting some Button in the PvP Queue that says "PvP Tips".
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Yes, such a thing would be nice. I have made a half-hearted attempt a few moons back to assemble a few commonly asked questions in a thread. It's not the ideal way. Threads, unless stickied, disappear. People have no real way of knowing there is such a thread.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
I would like to suggest that Cryptic implements an

in-game browser to a Cryptic hosted wiki with a PvP section.

I think many of us would contribute to this, as the largest problem with PvP currently is the knowledge gap between casual players and PvP enthusiasts. This is frustrating and causes casual players to adopt the attitude that there is something wrong with faction balance. Sharing information about game mechanics and experimental results would help to level the playing field. I myself would welcome the evolution of more fed players into knowledgeable and thus more capable players.

The in game browser access to the Cryptic hosted wiki would also act as a community driven help guide, thus enhancing everyones experience.

With a more even knowledge base, the feedback that is going to Cryptic now concerning PvP will be more realistic.

Talk amongst yourselves...
I think this is a great idea and I hope it will be done and I'm sure it would help with many issues.

However, please do not dismiss the fact that players both highly experienced and advanced and those not so are coming forward and plainly saying there is a problem. I'm wary of remarks that suggest information will balance a broken system.