Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Accurate information brings weight to an argument and so more well informed players does balance things out over time. It won't be perfect and lazy players are still going to miss out. Something like this can make it easier for everyone to get the information if they are willing to look.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-12-2010, 04:48 AM
I think it's a great idea Zigs,

In practical terms though, I think the closest thing anyone would get in the near future would be if one or two PvP people managed to get admin rights on somewhere like STOwiki or STOintel and kept that up to date. If it could have some updated mechanics info from a kind dev - all the better.

An actual in game window/browser would probably be a very long term implementation
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Hmm I actually agree with the OP OP at least in Principle.

Im not sure how it would work though given that its going to be opinion based not fact based and that it will be very hard to cover all the possible variables of ship configurations, bo configurations, fleet configerations and tactics used.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I seriously doubt this would work. People don't come to the STO Forum for advice right now, why should they get information from some Wiki?

The only way you might have people look up PvP tips is of Cryptic putting some Button in the PvP Queue that says "PvP Tips".
Its why he said in game browser. Yes a link to the in game browser wiki page on the que screen is also a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I find it funny that the people that demand balance changes have (largely) stopped posting them in this forum because they know they get shot down.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-12-2010, 08:41 AM
It could be that or they feel like Zorena - is anyone even reading this?

I think they are. But we don't see it. Same problem that the KDF had for a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It could be that or they feel like Zorena - is anyone even reading this?

I think they are. But we don't see it. Same problem that the KDF had for a long time.
The thing with Developers is that you can't make any promises. Just like doctors and lawyers, people tend to get upset when the promises go the other way. The simplest solution is simply to limit the amount of posts that you make in the forums. Though, I'd be willing to assume that the developers are spending most of their efforts on that Foundry Beta thing.

Either way, It's a bit humorous that some people have begun moving their "This is OP in pvp" threads to the general feedback forum.

--- But I digress --

When Arenanet started hosting their Guildwars Wiki on user request (based off adds and whatnot) they added a little command feature.

/wiki <article name>

The command would prompt you that you would be opening a windows explorer (firefox/safari/etc) and would perform a search on the site. It would then take you to the article or, in the event that the article doesn't exist, it would take you to a search page.

One of the cool things about the GW wiki is that it had pages about in game stuff as well as pvp tactics. I helped write the section on the midline.
Lt. Commander
# 18 PvP Vacuously gushes air
11-12-2010, 12:11 PM
That just means it sucks (at least for me). I can't keep my shields up in combat with klingons and I can't effect their shields in combat. All PvP I've experienced so far has been advantage klingon. There is not even a hint of balance. Is there a website that can show me which shields last longer, which skills to train for myself and my BOff's? If there is no help with this issue then I will train my Klingon character and join one of their factions in order to get the secrets. Thanks for any constructive help.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protomatter777 View Post
That just means it sucks (at least for me). I can't keep my shields up in combat with klingons and I can't effect their shields in combat. All PvP I've experienced so far has been advantage klingon. There is not even a hint of balance. Is there a website that can show me which shields last longer, which skills to train for myself and my BOff's? If there is no help with this issue then I will train my Klingon character and join one of their factions in order to get the secrets. Thanks for any constructive help.
rotate EPtS3 twice and see how that works out.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protomatter777 View Post
The top of this forum has several good threads stickied that are good. And yes join the Klingons, thats what I did.

After playing this game for 6 months I decided to do some PvP. I first read the PvP forms here for a bit to learn what was different from the PvE game. Then I made a FED tac and a Klink Tac and leveled them both to about Capt. before sticking with the Klink (I like being the bad guy). And in the process I lost a lot of games, both Fed and Klingon.

You cannot expect to just come over from the PvE part of this game and start playing at the same level that the long time PvPers do. You have to earn every kill even aginst FEDs.