Lt. Commander
# 1 Peregrine Fighter
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Time to stir the pot, because this stirred up my old nogin.

Peregrine Fighters for both Starfleet and Mirror Universe NPCs. Hints of a new ship type for the feddies in the future? You guys going to copy the BoP over? (Please don't, but meh)

Thoughts, comments, long winded rants that go off on different tangents welcome. Hate, vitriol, untempered blind rage please, the PvP forums are that way

EDIT: Storm labeled the new Brel retrofit as a "Klingon Fighter" Hmmmmm
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
gonna feed the fed carrier threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
gonna feed the fed carrier threads.
Maybe Cryptic's capitulating to the constant "fed carrier plz"

hmmmmmm
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Maybe Cryptic's capitulating to the constant "fed carrier plz"

hmmmmmm
either that or they are going to say "you got fighters, now shut up about carriers"
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-12-2010, 06:23 AM
"insert hateful vitriolic comment to the effect of no carriers for feds"

Seriously, why do we have 2 of these threads going at the same time with the same title? I feel theres a conspiracy afoot. >:-(
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
either that or they are going to say "you got fighters, now shut up about carriers"
I vote this.
Lt. Commander
# 7 indeed
11-12-2010, 07:02 AM
while some of you think STO dev team is thinking about the carrier most of you forget that during and after the dominion war the federation had these fighters built in stock. while in sto your beam always hits the ship. you can miss an object in sto by words displaying. in Star trek shows and movies you can miss the smaller ships because they have a high maneuver ratio.

Also remember that the galaxy, soveriegn, akira, nebula and all the current big ships can carry a number of fighters and or shuttles in their massive bays.

Currently the galaxy class extended kit can allow you to build a shuttle bay with 20 shuttles and 2 speed boats. With that said we do not need a carrier, just the ability to add the fighter to our present ships. obviously the smaller your ship the less amount of fighters you can hold. Also one strong thing i recommend. one should be able to have their fighters lauch and return on the click of a button. unlike the klingons we federation types like to keep our officers alive so if we see the shuttle taking much damage we should be able to beam out the shuttle pilots or have the craft return.

from the ep: "cause and effect" on tng it looks as if the main shuttle bay has 4 big shuttles at the front of the door. unfortunatly it is poorly lite so you cant see behind the shuttles clearly my guess is that you can fit in their about 8 to 10 shuttles and then 5 each in the other shuttle bays. this would support the kits claim of 20 shuttles in the ship.

reference to model kit
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/be_bay.htm

A new ship to just to have the ability to lauch fighters is well a waste. craft should be able to launch from our present ships.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2010, 07:13 AM
yeah erm guys, we need carriers cause, like you know, klingons can call photonic fleet and have 32 fighters and 8 bop's out and i get swarmed and die in 5seconds. we need cariers pls agree with me or i will call cryptic and complain
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewt
yeah erm guys, we need carriers cause, like you know, klingons can call photonic fleet and have 32 fighters and 8 bop's out and i get swarmed and die in 5seconds. we need cariers pls agree with me or i will call cryptic and complain
I dont. Go ahead.

Also, just because peregrine fighters are in the game doesn't mean there's a carrier, or that theres even thoughts about having fed carriers. The way i see it, its just a fighter mob the feds and MU didnt have before. Why read so much into it?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Dont mind me, i'm just holding the flag for a well known person known to spam carrier threads. Wait for them to turn up