Lt. Commander
# 1 How Feds Can Win at PvP
11-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Ignore the fighters from carriers, target the carriers, using visual scanning.

(Klinks don't want Feds to discuss this, so they distract the debate. That is what Worf would call "guile".)
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
You are correct. Also, once targeted, give them a dose of cannon spread, followed by torpedo spread, and the pet population will be under control. If you are in a cruiser, beam fire at will works well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM
at which point carrier 1 goes boom. time to get rid of carriers 2 and 3 before carrier 1 returns :O
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah, just forget about those BoP's hanging nearby. :p

Face it, ever since Cryptic changed carrier spawns, they are more troublesome than before. And you happen to get 2 or or more, it's just insane with NPCs flying all over the place.
  • Carrier Spawn
  • Photonic fleet
  • Mines
  • Fleet Support

Heh, this isn't PvP anymore, it's a Player version of Klingon Scout Force.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I love carriers and I don't even play none, I don't even have a klingon toon at level cap. I love th Carriers because they add something new to space battles, and besides, it's not like Klingons are winning even more in pvp, they always pretty much owned in pvp. It has nothing to do with the ships they have or anything, it has to do with the fact that Klingons level primarily with pvp, they know what they're doing. Feds to have a single player type of mentallity because of how much PvE we do, anyways, that's just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Fed pugs seem to have the mindset that they don't actually care about winning or losing.

(only they complain when they lose)

So they just ride around to collect emblems.

Fed PvP fleets tend to do much better in pvp. Even without being on vent because on average a PvP Team will at least make the attempt to learn the roles of their ship class.

for FvK alot of fed fleets struggle because frankly there's just not that many klingons out there to play against. Ignoring any power disparities between ships, and builds just learning to counter klinks takes alot longer because of this. Ques tend to pop much more quickly for FvF.

Which are not only filled with similar ships, but often also Emblem Riders. So it becomes a 15-0/maybe 15-5 Turkey Shoot. Then when the FvK finally pops the Fed team might be off their game or a little complacent. Couple this with unfamiliarity of dealing against klingons, (due to how their ships are set up) this can then turn into a Turkey Shoot in favor of the klingons.

Best advice though for someone looking to get better at FvK. Don't Pug. Find some of your closest buddies in this game and team up for a pvp night. Learn to work together as a pvp team and go from there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2010, 12:48 AM
the only problem i have with klingon carriers is when a sci klingon use them all he has to do is call out photonice fleet then call out fighters and birds of prey and boom there you go instant death for a feds cause he got ganged up and killed and further more get 2 or 3 klingon carriers that have sci klingon players then your in knee deep in fighters that give the klingons a 10 to 1 advantage and ive seen this happen pleanty of times so I think the feds should get their own carrier
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
at which point carrier 1 goes boom. time to get rid of carriers 2 and 3 before carrier 1 returns :O
good point, it's a Sisyphean task to take out carriers.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbu_STO
good point, it's a Sisyphean task to take out carriers.
No, it's not. You can actually get this boulder up that mountain. People assume that fighting a two carrier spec should be doable iwth any builds. This is wrong: you need builds that prove challenging for carriers to handle.

People don't regularly spec in AoE and Debuffs in STO - because most of them assume that only a DPS or Buff/resist Spec are the only viable options.

Two carriers lose versus two Nebula (if specced properly).
  1. Gravity Well and Eject Warp Plasma? No fighters and lots of hull DoT.
  2. Scramble Sensors? Fighters now cannibalize the flaming hull of the carrier.
  3. Boarding Party and Viral Matrix? Now the carrier can't even use stuff.
  4. TSSS? No shield on carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-12-2010, 12:58 PM
either ignore the fighters and hit the carriers with manual targeting and watch them go boom

or use fire at will with lots of beams (ideally level 3) and things like photonic shockwave or the gravity wells/tyken rift - destroy all the pets, then target then carriers and watch them go boom.