Lt. Commander
# 101
11-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Wait a second hale, don't you pug a LOT? are you trying to tell me that you dont support this change? ;-)
I googled "target hale" and this is the first one that popped up.
Lt. Commander
# 102
11-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I googled "target hale" and this is the first one that popped up.

It'S so cute, isnt' it?
Lt. Commander
# 103
11-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
Thats the key. RE had some nice matches in the last days, not as a premade. We were about 6 guys hanging around in Teamspeak and all queued up at the same time but not as a team. So we had some nice matches with and against eachother filled up with pugs and ended i strange combinations. I havent had that much fun in STO for month.
Good for you guys. I think It's really good way to not get bored for fleets. I've meet few of you guys in pugs these days and it was always great fun.
I've notice that TSI is also pugging a lot these days. Pugging with them or vs them in random teams is good challenge because they are concentrating on dmg and healing and they are not abusing 2 or 3 sci skills + stuns like other brand new fleet. As a result we have very good and long fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Open pvp zones might be a good place to start. Although, from my experience, most pvp fleets are afraid to leave the arena. Well, maybe "afraid" isn't the right word, but you seldom see the good arena fleets anywhere but arenas.
Good point Bot. Tell my why some guys which are considering themselves as great players siting all day at ESD or Quonos with their fleet mates waiting for arena. You can't see them in C&H or in Kerrat because it's "LOL" for them. I'll tell you why, because they treat this video game very serious. Death in random place without all their fleet support would be end of the world for them. I'm sure that such a people don't like idea of Open PVP Zone cause everyone could get their a***s without problem :p
Lt. Commander
# 104
11-11-2011, 10:22 AM
/deleted.

Realized I haven't PvPed or anything on Holodeck enough in the last 2 months to make an intelligent comment.
Lt. Commander
# 105
11-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
/deleted.

Realized I haven't PvPed or anything on Holodeck enough in the last 2 months to make an intelligent comment.
whens that ever stopped anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 106
11-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
whens that ever stopped anyone?
It certainly hasn't stopped me.

Mustrum "Wait, how intelligent would the comment need to be to count" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 107
11-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
/deleted.

Come on Mac, e1 has an opinion...even the people that rarely pvp in the four days a month they play :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix84118 View Post
That's one of the reasons I don't PvP very much (read: rarely).
I had never even heard of this bug until today (I also don't peruse the forums on a regular basis).
The biggest issue I have with multiplayer games are the cheaters, or those who play so much, they're just better than everyone else. It gets frustrating to be constantly killed because I have a life and don't play for hours a day every day (I'm lucky if I play more than four days a month). It's just not fun.

For that reason, I wish there were more PvE missions...

Just venting though.
Lt. Commander
# 108
11-11-2011, 05:01 PM
First I just want to say, I am a pugaholic. But I also relish in the times I get into a decent premade team.

But what I have been saying since marks of valor were made nearly all but useless is pvp needs a REAL incentive for people to que up. It's really all we need. People stop quing up for a pug because a premade fleet team is beating them match after match.

Well if there were more people queing this wouldn't be the case. The premade would get more matches faster, and the pugs could fight other pugs as often as they fight premades. Prefferably more often if the ques reach the level.

Anyway, that will be a nice time indeed. But until then, I'm still gonna q up and pug or group with team mates.

Oh and don't forget the klingons guys! Que fvk and kvk!!
Lt. Commander
# 109
11-12-2011, 10:34 AM
That's a great point kroegler. If there were better rewards for pvp'ing, it would definately help. Pvp weapons only with the best stats in the game? Say 30 pvp badges each. Every match you win, you get 2 badges. 1 badge if you lose. Anyone could grind them then whether there good at pvp or not, but reward a win with double the badges. Rewarding a win would also help the cap and hold objective instead of it being treated as a long arena.

Edit: to expand further on this idea, I was thinking about the stats. Have all pvp badge weapons available with CritDx3, CritHx3, or ACCx3. Heck, maybe even make them mk xii to really incentivize people to grind them out. This would also help a little with the OP'd healing in the game.

For any pve'rs that want to complain about this system, just remember we have to run through 4 of what is supposed to be the hardest pve endgame missions to get the best set of ship equipment in the game. Also keep in mind that this gear would be overkill for pve missions since theyre so easy to start with. There's no need to have this equipment if you don't intend to pvp, so if you don't want to pvp grind to get it, then don't.
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
That's a great point kroegler. If there were better rewards for pvp'ing, it would definately help. Pvp weapons only with the best stats in the game? Say 30 pvp badges each. Every match you win, you get 2 badges. 1 badge if you lose. Anyone could grind them then whether there good at pvp or not, but reward a win with double the badges. Rewarding a win would also help the cap and hold objective instead of it being treated as a long arena.

Edit: to expand further on this idea, I was thinking about the stats. Have all pvp badge weapons available with CritDx3, CritHx3, or ACCx3. Heck, maybe even make them mk xii to really incentivize people to grind them out. This would also help a little with the OP'd healing in the game.

For any pve'rs that want to complain about this system, just remember we have to run through 4 of what is supposed to be the hardest pve endgame missions to get the best set of ship equipment in the game. Also keep in mind that this gear would be overkill for pve missions since theyre so easy to start with. There's no need to have this equipment if you don't intend to pvp, so if you don't want to pvp grind to get it, then don't.
Those are some seriously good ideas. I've also thought that maybe a pvp set of equipment would be excellent as well. Maybe acc mod boost for us pvpers. Pvers don't need that stat so much and we can't get enough of it. But pvers could benefit abit from the stats overflow on low defense targets such as npc as well so that might entice them to do a little pvp.

Also another another idea I thought might be viable would be to award one piece of gear for the winning team to roll on. Was thinking this piece of loot could perhaps be from the same loot table as the first place prize in kerrat or from a fleet action