Lt. Commander
# 111
11-12-2011, 05:04 PM
The thought that Cryptic will let us earn any form of high end pvp gear without a mindlessly tedious, soul sapping grind for dilithium (which, by and large, we won't be able to get satisfactory ammounts of through pvp) is a nice one.
But it probably won't happen. And if it does, you can bet it will cost a years worth of game time grinding (or a quick trip to the c-store for some points...)
Lt. Commander
# 112
11-12-2011, 08:56 PM
i like the idea of a reward e1 on the winning team rolls on also
Lt. Commander
# 113
11-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
whens that ever stopped anyone?
I like to think it has stopped me. Not as often as I would like, I'm sure.
Lt. Commander
# 114
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
i like the idea of a reward e1 on the winning team rolls on also
That is a great idea on the face of it, until the "emblem farmers" show up and go afk.
Lt. Commander
# 115
11-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
That is a great idea on the face of it, until the "emblem farmers" show up and go afk.
at least the queue's would pop more often...? lol

yeah, i wish they would put a "kick" feature in this game
Lt. Commander
# 116
11-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
at least the queue's would pop more often...? lol

yeah, i wish they would put a "kick" feature in this game
Kick feature "in development" according to Gozer and supposedly to come with f2p.
Lt. Commander
# 117
11-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Kick feature "in development" according to Gozer and supposedly to come with f2p.
According to Gozer ...or Snix?
Lt. Commander
# 118
11-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
According to Gozer ...or Snix?
It was a comment I caught by Gozer when posting something else about the new STF's. But I know what you mean by your comment!
Lt. Commander
# 119
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
But that's the beauty of it. Unless there is an exceptional 4 man group with one afker or the 5 man team is extremely terrible 4 mans 95% of the time do not beat 5 man teams. So you'd have to actually work for it or you get nothing.

Would work great for cnh as well, no more stat padding extravaganzas. People have to try to win to earn their stats rather than simply flying around looking for that guy you know that goes pop in an unbuffed rapid fire salvo.

I do know of another game as well that implemented somewhat successfully an option for groups to flag pug team members as unhelpful. The system gives that player a notification that they will have to do something soon or they do not recieve credit for any success in said match.
Lt. Commander
# 120
11-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I also want to add that why I think it would be kinda cool to have pve and pvp sets. It sets a level of prestige for your characters. In many other games you can easily differentiate who is who and what each person's "specialty" was be it pve or pvp.

You could in sto maybe look around at other peoples ships and say "hey look at that guy, he must be an avid pvper. check out how mean his ship looks" or "she's gotta be good at stf's check out that awesome shield glow that person has on their set."

I know cryptic is keen on helping our toons look cool, and ships as well. This is just one more thing they could think about to spice things up a bit, add to the fun, and help the queue numbers grow just a bit.