Lt. Commander
# 121
11-14-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroegler
I also want to add that why I think it would be kinda cool to have pve and pvp sets. It sets a level of prestige for your characters. In many other games you can easily differentiate who is who and what each person's "specialty" was be it pve or pvp.

You could in sto maybe look around at other peoples ships and say "hey look at that guy, he must be an avid pvper. check out how mean his ship looks" or "she's gotta be good at stf's check out that awesome shield glow that person has on their set."

I know cryptic is keen on helping our toons look cool, and ships as well. This is just one more thing they could think about to spice things up a bit, add to the fun, and help the queue numbers grow just a bit.
but then the pve'rs would complain that they might have to actually try to earn something through hard work rather then get it cuz its easy...
Lt. Commander
# 122
11-14-2011, 04:43 AM
All of this P2W stuff should have an in game method of acquisition but it should also have some kind of slight boost over the purchased version. That way there could be that feeling of accomplishment and a little bit of a reward to go with it. There was a time when you did something challenging to receive a reward and now you just buy your way through the game.
Lt. Commander
# 123
11-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
All of this P2W stuff should have an in game method of acquisition but it should also have some kind of slight boost over the purchased version. That way there could be that feeling of accomplishment and a little bit of a reward to go with it. There was a time when you did something challenging to receive a reward and now you just buy your way through the game.
maybe their idea of working towards gear is to go to work an extra day to pay for it instead of actually playing the game?
Lt. Commander
# 124
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I propose we only PvP in shuttles and fighters from now on.....just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 125
11-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure changing the size of the ship helps increase one play skills in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 126
11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm not sure changing the size of the ship helps increase one play skills in PvP.
True,but then they can only blame themselves and not the ship the other one is flying.(also cuts down on potential 'spam'...can't blame that either)
Lt. Commander
# 127
11-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
True,but then they can only blame themselves and not the ship the other one is flying.(also cuts down on potential 'spam'...can't blame that either)
True, but then the old Delta flyer debate comes back out, in that its a betetr vessel than any KDF shuttle or fighter due to its 2 BOff set-up.
Besides something as silly as "truth" will not stop some players from complaining.

THough Shuttle_warz was fun.
Lt. Commander
# 128
11-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
True, but then the old Delta flyer debate comes back out, in that its a betetr vessel than any KDF shuttle or fighter due to its 2 BOff set-up.
Besides something as silly as "truth" will not stop some players from complaining.

THough Shuttle_warz was fun.
I'm all for bringing Shuttle_warz back......and you know what they say....'truth' hurts.
Lt. Commander
# 129
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm a PuG grounder. I'm pretty decent at it too, not the best but I'll tear though quite a bit of my competition. So when my team encounters an actual Fleet team in PvP, I groan and think, "Oh ffs, they're here to powertrip again."

I think it's player attitudes that's the problem, not the game. Sportsmanship isn't very widespread in any PvP game, and this game is no exception. Sometimes you have to stand back and wonder if you're taking your dominance of any given round too far. It's actually OK to throttle back, providing you don't do it too much for risk of looking cocky ("Oh look, I don't have to even try with you... hur hur hur...").

I just find with established teams that the attitude is not to play fair, but to dominate. If that attitude could change, perhaps save it for matches that actually matter, you might find the PvP environment a bit better.
Lt. Commander
# 130
11-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
I'm a PuG grounder. I'm pretty decent at it too, not the best but I'll tear though quite a bit of my competition. So when my team encounters an actual Fleet team in PvP, I groan and think, "Oh ffs, they're here to powertrip again."

I think it's player attitudes that's the problem, not the game. Sportsmanship isn't very widespread in any PvP game, and this game is no exception. Sometimes you have to stand back and wonder if you're taking your dominance of any given round too far. It's actually OK to throttle back, providing you don't do it too much for risk of looking cocky ("Oh look, I don't have to even try with you... hur hur hur...").

I just find with established teams that the attitude is not to play fair, but to dominate. If that attitude could change, perhaps save it for matches that actually matter, you might find the PvP environment a bit better.
Not sure what you mean by this. Whenever we play against a pug we always play fair, we don't poke fun at, etc...The only people we make fun of is Dr. Kid and his lame crew for using the worst tactics possible. And even then it's mostly me making smart comments in zone chat :p. We have good teamwork, we never go into a round thinking, we're here to dominate. Wouldn't that get boring after a while? We play to have fun, we play to be able to play with our friends.