Lt. Commander
# 31
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekNicTerror View Post
Auto-teaming is not the answer.

Pre-mades giving buffs to opposite PUG teams is somewhat good.

Staying out of PVP's of ignored or other such is not the answer.

Team and Singles (PUG) queues is the answer, as long as the Singles queues unteam anyone in them before the start for random side picking.

As for emblem or dilithium farmers now, vote kicking would also be nice; as long as how many times you are kicked is tracked and if you get kicked so many times in one day, you are banned for that pvp mode for a day or longer. With a possible tracking of banning and that the banning doubles each time, so that azzhats will try to start playing right, or just be out of the pvp for long periods of time eventually.

And again I must mention this is all about choices. People will still have a choice to que up for either a PUG or premade team match; their only penalty is when starting a PUG match, they will be unteamed if in one. People don't like it, they wont do it; and people not minding getting their asses handed to them by premades 90% or more of the time will que up for both; as simple as that.

What you people don't understand is that if they keep getting unfair playing fields is that they will stop bothering with PVP other than to get some more dilithium or other rewards.

Having a singles/PUG and premade queing seperate can only be a good thing if done right.
wow really? you wait a whole year before bringing this thread back? wtf
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
...yup and I think you should also use new tricobalt exploit against him Tide. We all know how much you like cheap tricks :p
Woot Im the King of Haxx :p
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-05-2011, 04:11 PM
All these suggestions of different queue types, separate queues, multi queues, C-C-COMBO QUEUES are just ridiculous.

While some variety in the queue process would certainly be nice, these suggestions are really just 'what could cryptic do without any real work' suggestions- on one hand, they're more likely to happen, because Cryptic has a lot of work to do. On the other hand, I think we'd all prefer they actually solve this issue without just putting a patch on it and hoping it goes away.

To that end, Cryptic really needs to sit down and make (or acquire) a matchmaking system.

Basically, get rid of the queue system UI as it is now, and instead preface it with a matchmaking system UI.

Basically, a player would go into the matchmaking system and select from a dropdown of 'PVP' or 'PVE', or the like, which would bring up a screen. On that screen they have check boxes of their preferences (which could be saved) that contains stuff like "Prefer random teammates" or "Try to keep current team" or "Only players on my friends list".

They'd select these options and it would give them a list of PvP or PvE queues, and they could join as normal- but the game would keep an eye out for their preferences.

If player A only wants to be on a team with his friends, the game will try and put him on a team with any of his friends that are joining the queue. If a player has a current team, the game will try to keep them together, provided they join the same queue. You could even probably do something like 'join the game my friend is in' or the like.

Other settings would include the level of play you're interested in, ie:

"I'm looking for a casual firefight" for those players just looking to have a good time.

or

"I want to hear the screams of my enemies and the lamentations of their women!" for players who are aiming for a more hardcore matchup.

Since players usually team up with their friends, or at least people they're previously acquainted for, the game would have a bias towards sticking teams together and pitting them against other teams.

But with a 'what sort of game do I want to play' setting of the above two options (and maybe a third), it would split people up along that line.

People aiming for casual play would not be put into matches against people *not* aiming for casual play, and visa versa.

That being said, since the current pvp community is so anemic, maybe Cryptic could do a disable-able alert box if there's a queue across the divide (or outside your map preferences) that's a dude or two short.

Sort of like:

"Incoming transmission: Blah blah blah capture the flag, blah blah blah two players short, blah blah blah reinforcements"

or the like.

For a casual to hardcore popup, maybe some red text "Warning: play level blah blah hardcore blah blah"

Of course this system wouldn't prevent trollteams from deliberately hitting up the casual queue system in order to demolish newbies or casual players or w/e, but that would be a problem with any system. The best solution is to do some sort of rating system similar to how the game will snub people who have gotten enough reports on the chat.

Now sure, that could bite people in the back, but there's got to be some middle ground that Cryptic could make work.

TL;DR: Cryptic needs to make a matchmaking system.
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Holy thread necro and here I almost though faithborn came back
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-07-2011, 11:19 PM
lol sucker came back from the dead!!! i don't mind fighting premade teams with a pug even more fun if you beat them rare but it happens. The worst is when the premade sits there and talks all big to the pug guys after it was some mine/scramble/gravwell spam then when you challenge them to a 1vs1 they cop out... rude
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Typically premades don't talk **** unless someone on the other side starts. And most will decline a 1v1 because they want to play with (and don't want to hold up) their team, and/or because they aren't outfitted properly for dueling anyway.

The real answer is to get the guys who whine about premades to make their own premades. This game is 5v5, if you're big into PvP you should find a team.

Seriously, if people took half the energy they expend complaining about premades, and used it to create and train their own teams this game would be in infinitely better shape right now.
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Typically premades don't talk **** unless someone on the other side starts. And most will decline a 1v1 because they want to play with (and don't want to hold up) their team, and/or because they aren't outfitted properly for dueling anyway.

The real answer is to get the guys who whine about premades to make their own premades. This game is 5v5, if you're big into PvP you should find a team.

Seriously, if people took half the energy they expend complaining about premades, and used it to create and train their own teams this game would be in infinitely better shape right now.
This has been my experience as well. Most don't fire the first verbal assault. Even some of the cheesier, douchy fleets remain quiet while they NPC spam and zombie heal their way through the queues. Some times the PuGs take their beating quietly. Sometimes they just quit. Others should just quit (I'm talking about ********* dps barely self healing cruisers who don't have the damage to pop a fighter, much less the carrier releasing them). I find that quite of few of the random no name pugs I've been grouped with are too hung up accusing the premade of hacking or griping about the other teams overpowered damage, spam, or healing. If they spent that time dealing with the problem there might be a better chance of success.

I don't blame a dominant team for beating their chests a little bit when someone on the receiving end is calling them a bunch of ************ or raging over how awful they are for winning 15-0.

I don't feel the need to demonize friends who like to play together and are organized enough to be effective at what they do. It's too bad there aren't more people willing to take the time and effort to learn to play well in an organized way. I don't suppose I have much room to talk, I enjoy PuGing too much (sometimes the slim chances at a little bit of success are pretty rewarding after getting stomped over and over again, lol).
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-08-2011, 04:48 AM
I totally agree with you Steve. Maybe we should make a Pug fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
I totally agree with you Steve. Maybe we should make a Pug fleet?
I always thought that LaFamliia was kinda a "PuG" fleet. When I was there, we never really managed to get off a steady, premade team with lots of experience, but we usually managed to get one or two teams randomly formed teams.
It was a lot fun, actually, IMO, but at some point - I wasn't satisfied anymore by that. I wanted more, I wanted to partake in tournaments and step up my game.

So I switched to RE where I could have had all that (and speak and voice chat in German!), but ended up barely playing and currently only logging on on Tribble. Not because of the fleet, not because of anyone else, just because... PvP seems to get stale. Good people are jumping off. Bugs and unbalanced items remaining. Tournaments break down under the weight of their own rules system. STO F2P not looking anywhere as good as CO F2P looked like.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Typically premades don't talk **** unless someone on the other side starts.
99% of what I type is ****

How long have flown together?!