Lt. Commander
Hey folks!

Hmmm I keep missing something that I first had lots of fun with in a little game called... Elite Force!

Yes I mean one and two

But anyways this would be a fun weapon, it probably needs to be an AoE expose weapon as primary fire, with AoE exploit on secondary fire.

My idea is that firing either mode would likely cause at least a minute cool down to be fair, and it would likely need to be locked to your captain so no handing it to your BO.

Maybe someone else has suggested this, but it still would be fun, give the ground game a little more kick.

Oh and it would probably need to have a friendly fire detector or well just plain self blast damage so you wouldn't shoot it off in your own face
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Interesting idea. I admit I never played Elite Force though but you reminded me of the possibly misnamed "Isomagnetic disintegrator" from Star Trek: Insurrection and how it would be cool if there were some over the shoulder type heavy weapons in this game instead of just the Gatling gun style we have now for heavy weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 08:39 AM
yeah, I miss my Photon Burst as well ...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
what they need to do is let all captains in out door missions call down ship weapon strikes with a targeting designator

and for indoor missions they need to let you have armed torps beamed in, to soften up rooms ect

in cases of transport inhibitors ect, then they at least let you set your weapons to kill, so it doesnt take 40 shots just to wound the target, 1 high yield beam overload shot, on a long cooldown if need be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I miss some of the weapons in EliteForce too, and a good AoE weapon like this would be a welcome addition to my weapons locker. The mechanic wouldnt be too different either really from a grenade say, just direct LoF instead of a balistic trajectory to target.

Now here's something else I think we could use!
Phaser settings.
Come on, who out there hasnt been running along with a phaser pistol with an expose setting and thought "I wish I could set this thing to kill" ?

I think that you should be able to change the mode on phasers, at the very least on pistols, from expose to exploit, with suitable setting chirps of course.

I'd like to see some TWOK style phasers too, I liked the four laser look of their beams.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
I remember the anti-matter mortar from TOS episdoe "Arena". I want to fire one of those suckers off, kill everyone in the map at once.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I want to have a TOS-era phaser, they already have the model and effects for it, STOP TEASING US CRYPTIC!!! Also, I want some spacial charges, that would be cool!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I'll take my BFG 9000 now, thank you!

Lt. Commander
# 9
11-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I have actually been pining for some micro-photon action...that weapon had such an awesome feel to it!

I heartily endorse this idea! /signed
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-10-2010, 10:44 AM
can someone tell me how this is any different from a quantium motar?