Lt. Commander
# 1 Eps flow regulator question
11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Hey guys, i have a question. I am using 2 eps flow regulators to make sure i am always capped out for my weapon power rating. I had no idea that after the weapons finish their firing cycle, you are suppose to get all your energy back (known bug apparently).

Question is...Are these 2 consoles simply taking up slots?

Thanks guys,
Dahm
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
A waste of slots. The only thing EPS consoles do now is to restore your energy when you change power configuration (like coming out of full impulse.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
A waste of slots. The only thing EPS consoles do now is to restore your energy when you change power configuration (like coming out of full impulse.)
I wouldn't be so quick to just call them a waste of slots.

It all depends what you are doing/using.

If you change your subsystem power a lot during combat, then EPS Flow Regulators are great.
From what I have noticed, they also bring my weapons power back to full much faster when I'm using Beam Arrays in particular, compared to not having an EPS Regulator.
I've also heard that they help to counter Tyken's Rift, though I've never noticed/tested that for myself.

My suggestion is to play around with your consoles and use what works best for you and your setup/play-style.

Also, don't forget to make use of the Tribble Test server for doing just that...testing your builds, as this is a great way not to waste your Respec Tokens, as well as any Emblems/Medals you might use to get new gear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
From what I have noticed, they also bring my weapons power back to full much faster when I'm using Beam Arrays in particular, compared to not having an EPS Regulator.
Only when you use Beam Overload.

In any case, more than 1 is definitely overkill.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Early in the game EPS flow regulators helped with power coming back. Since the Season 2 patch, this has not been the case for beams and cannons, but turrets suffered from a bug that meant EPS flow regulators still helped them. Now that bug has been fixed, so no weapons benefit from EPS flow anymore.

What EPS flow does help you do is change your power levels faster, or recover from a beam overload. I don't know what tier ship you are in, but by the time you hit about Captain, a single EPS flow regulator should be sufficient. At lower levels the consoles are weaker, so equipping multiples might help if you're really changing power a lot. However, the only ships that can even do that before Commander are cruisers.